ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (16/63) > >>

tranglos:
Thanks for the new version tranglos. May I add a suggestion (this may exist but I haven't found it) :

* a hot key to connect/disconnect to clipboard-joiwind (November 28, 2011, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

It doesn't exist, but it's on my to-do list with a big question mark icon next to it:

The reason for the question mark is that, knowing my own fat fingers, I could press the hotkey unintentionally. When that happens, Echo will disconnect and I'll only find out about it when I need to paste something in. For that reason not only is there no hotkey, but not even a keyboard shortcut inside Echo.

I guess I should add the hotkey along with an option to disable it.

joiwind:
Thanks for the new version tranglos. May I add a suggestion (this may exist but I haven't found it) :

* a hot key to connect/disconnect to clipboard-joiwind (November 28, 2011, 09:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

It doesn't exist, but it's on my to-do list with a big question mark icon next to it:
 (see attachment in previous post)
The reason for the question mark is that, knowing my own fat fingers, I could press the hotkey unintentionally. When that happens, Echo will disconnect and I'll only find out about it when I need to paste something in. For that reason not only is there no hotkey, but not even a keyboard shortcut inside Echo.

I guess I should add the hotkey along with an option to disable it.

-tranglos (November 28, 2011, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, good - I agree that there should be the option to disable it or not AND a significant change in the tray icon to reflect its state.

PS : what do you use as a to-do lister ? (Curious)

tranglos:
-joiwind (November 28, 2011, 11:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

My Life Organized Pro. Not optimal for this task (e.g. can't include screenshots of bugs or link a particular idea under multiple headings), but quick and easy, and I already have it. I can't stand the internet-based bug-trackers, and for a single home developer they don't really make sense. MLO does a good thing with prioritizing tasks - one click and I see all the most urgent tasks on top.

joiwind:
-joiwind (November 28, 2011, 11:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

My Life Organized Pro. Not optimal for this task (e.g. can't include screenshots of bugs or link a particular idea under multiple headings), but quick and easy, and I already have it. I can't stand the internet-based bug-trackers, and for a single home developer they don't really make sense. MLO does a good thing with prioritizing tasks - one click and I see all the most urgent tasks on top.
-tranglos (November 28, 2011, 04:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks - I'm still looking for my ideal to-do ...

yksyks:
To the recently mentioned issue with mixed-up application icons:

I disabled the automatic minimizing on focus losing. The topmost clip is displayed correctly, until I start MS Excel 2003. Then the clip's icon is immediately changed to Excel regardless of what it has been before. So far I didn't discover any similarly behaving application.

Can you reproduce that? Do you need more details? Verified on two PCs, one WinXP, the other Vista 32-bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version