ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (11/63) > >>

johnk:
I'll remove this restriction in the next release.
-tranglos (September 27, 2011, 05:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you.

tranglos:
...and I'll see about making MaxLinesPerItem take effect immediately. As I said before, this requires rewriting the database, so there would be some disk crunching + delay after clicking OK in the Preferences dialog.

It may not make 1.0, but it should probably be done eventually.

tranglos:
Yay, new version! Download links at top of the thread, as always.

version 0.9.2.99 beta

FIXED: Pasted clip did not move to the top of the list if list was sorted by date (thanks, Tomos!)
FIXED: Duplicate commands assigned to Shift+F1.
FIXED: "Wait for Enter" option should be disabled in Advanced mode, because it is always ON in this mode.

ADDED: Spell checking (including "spell as you type" live spell checker) in the external clip editor. (Spelling dictionaries must be downloaded and installed separately! See below.)
ADDED: A simple toolbar in the external clip editor.
ADDED: New search-related option: "Auto Wrap Wildcards" (see Help -> Searching for clips).
ADDED: New search-related option: "Auto Detect Wildcards" (see Help -> Searching for clips).
ADDED: Several more Help topics completed.
ADDED: New items under the Help menu: Keyboard Reference and What's New.
ADDED: Keyboard shortcuts to quickly select the sorting method for the current view: Alt+1 (by date) to Alt+6 (by ID). See Keyboard Reference for details.
ADDED: Max and average clip length and spellchecker configuration information in Database Information dialog (Ctrl+I).
ADDED: Vertical scrollbar in the in-place editor.

CHANGED: The default installation directory was changed from c:\Program Files\Ethervane Echo to c:\Program Files\Ethervane\Echo.
CHANGED: Restriction on MaxLinesPerItem now raised to 1000 (requested by Johnk)
CHANGED: A few minor UI items were renamed without altering their functionality.

REMOVED: The option to use either Ctrl or Alt key as the modifier for view selection. Previously, you could choose whether views should be selected by pressing Ctrl+digit or Alt+digit. That option has been removed, because Alt+digit combinations are now used to select the sorting method for the view.

About the spelling dictionaries:

The standard installer includes only English dictionaries (Aus, UK and US) in order to keep the filesize reasonable. If you need other languages, please download and install the separate dictionary package.

Standard installer
Portable package

Spelling dictionaries are available for following languages:

Afrikaans
Bulgarian
Catalan
Czech
Danish
Dutch
English (AUS)
English (UK)
English (US)
Estonian
Finnish
French
German
Greek
Italian
Magyar
Norwegian
Polish
Portuguese
Portuguese (BRA)
Russian
Spanish
Swedish

The standard installer will suggest the appropriate installation folder, do not change it, or else Echo will not find the dictionary files. Installer creates a special, separate folder under Program Files\Ethervane\Common\Spell. This is so that if I ever release other, new apps, they can all use the same spelling dictionaries. A man can dream! :)

Portable installation: Unzip the dictionaries you want into a directory named "spell" under the directory where Echo is installed. For example, if Echo is installed in c:\Echo, dictionaries should be installed in c:\Echo\Spell

You can use the standard installer even if you use the portable edition of Echo on your desktop machine! Portable Echo will find the dictionaries installed to the default location under Program Files. Also, unless configured otherwise, Echo will use a common location for spellchecker configuration and user dictionaries (when you click "Add" on a misspelled word). This applies to the portable edition as well. If you do not want to use the common location, see Tools -> Preferences -> Spellchecker -> ForceLocalConfig (set to True).

Ath:
Kudos! :Thmbsup:

johnk:
CHANGED: Restriction on MaxLinesPerItem now raised to 1000 (requested by Johnk)
-tranglos (October 03, 2011, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you. Very few new pieces of software enter my toolkit these days, but Echo filled a gap. I use Clipcache Pro as my long-term clipboard storage (it's my database for all clips/snippets I want to keep), but I needed a short-term clipboard and Echo's database-in-memory mode is perfect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version