ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (8/63) > >>

tomos:
Trying this again - havent used it much yet.

I want to edit clips within the app but keep the original version - sort of like save as
is this possible? (I couldnt find a way)

It's easy for me to do this in a text editor, so, just wondering if possible here

tranglos:
I want to edit clips within the app but keep the original version - sort of like save as  is this possible? (I couldnt find a way)

It's easy for me to do this in a text editor, so, just wondering if possible here-tomos (September 21, 2011, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not yet, but it's on my todo list (in the external editor, a button such as "Save as New").

Right now the best you can do is:

1) Open a clip in external editor (Shift+F2)
2) Modify it there.
3) Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C to copy the whole edited clip.
4) Cancel the editor (ESC), since you don't want to replace the existing clip.
5) Press Ctrl+M to manually capture the new clip. (It was not captured in step 3, because Echo suspends capturing when the editor is active. This is another todo item :-)

tomos:
thanks tranglos :up:

I ran into a problem with FileHamster (FHm) comment window - I have FHm set to show comment window when making a revision (when I save a file). This comment window is always on top.
If I then call Echo, it is below the comment window, so is not very usable - do you think could it be made more assertively (!) "on top" ?

tranglos:
thanks tranglos :up:

I ran into a problem with FileHamster (FHm) comment window - I have FHm set to show comment window when making a revision (when I save a file). This comment window is always on top.
If I then call Echo, it is below the comment window, so is not very usable - do you think could it be made more assertively (!) "on top" ?
-tomos (September 21, 2011, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Under Vista and later, I don't think so. I can make give it the regular "on top" flag, but it won't be any more "on top" than any other window that claimed on-topness for itself.

tomos:
[1] Is there a pattern to where the window shows on the screen - it always seems to come up directly behind the Filehamster comment window (just right of centre-bottom of screen), but if I escape and call it again, it shows mid left of screen.

[2] How do I change the shortcut - I tried Shift & F12 - typing in F12 but that didnt work (or does it need a restart? - no that no help)
Ctrl+Alt+v doesnt work either.
Win+v works - I'll stick with that**
(BTW what does the MK mean on the qualifier keys in options?)

** Shift+Insert worked as well

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version