ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (5/63) > >>

tomos:
Great, you've found the first bug! :)

Just to be sure I'm on the right track: select a clip but instead of pressing Enter, press Ctrl+C. This will only copy the clip (without pasting) and Echo will stay open. The clip you have copied should move to the top immediately.
-tranglos (September 08, 2011, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

That works, clip goes to top.

PS thanks for all the shortcuts, will have to read help file closer next time :-[ :)

tranglos:

This often takes a good while to actually happen. I noticed it not happening, then checked a few times after pasting - once it happened promptly, then it didnt seem to be happening at all-tomos (September 08, 2011, 08:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great, you've found the first bug! :)

I have no idea where or why I removed the screen refresh after pasting - will have to fix that.
-tranglos (September 08, 2011, 11:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

OK, I've found the problem - there is a conflict with an option setting I've added most recently that results in certain behaviors occurring in the wrong order. Until I release an update, you can work around this bug like so:

Tools -> Preferences -> Display -> DefaultViewOnMinimize -> set to False.

When set to True, this option causes Echo to return to the default (leftmost) view when the app is minimized (e.g., when Echo hides after pasting a clip). And yes, it interferes with pushing the pasted clip to the top of the list (in a situation where the current view is already the default one).

If you set this option to False at least temporarily, the problem you found will go away. Meanwhile, I'll be working on a proper fix.

tranglos:

if it's not too much hassle that would be great :Thmbsup:
-tomos link=topic=27849.msg261177#msg261177
--- End quote ---

One other thing: by default Echo minimizes when it loses focus. So instead of clicking the small button - whether minimize or close - you can just click anywhere on screen to get the same end result.

tomos:

if it's not too much hassle that would be great :Thmbsup:
-tomos link=topic=27849.msg261177#msg261177
--- End quote ---

One other thing: by default Echo minimizes when it loses focus. So instead of clicking the small button - whether minimize or close - you can just click anywhere on screen to get the same end result.
-tranglos (September 08, 2011, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

true, I didnt realise that initially & was closing the window and expecting it to be in the tray. So, on second thoughts it's not worth adding!

joiwind:
Still enjoying testing Ethervane Echo - two ideas, remarks or requests, but which may go beyond the scope of the app :

* have you thought about drag-and-drop or Move to ... ? The possibility of moving a clip from one Quick view to another (and in particular to a custom view, e.g. Archives) either by drag-and-drop or an option in the context menu to Move to ... As things are the Quick views can only contain filtered clips.

* and what about clickable urls ?
BTW the way, unless I missed it somewhere, could you comment on the name : is it Ethervane like weathervane ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version