ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (4/63) > >>

tomos:

I think it would be helpful if the close button minimised it to the tray. Or maybe it's just what I'm used to with apps that stay in the tray?

I can see advantages to the way it is - maybe I just gotta get used to it ;)

(just getting off the ground with it)

tomos:
Still on the basics. It looks very nice btw :-)

I've made a couple of clips sticky, but how do I get to the sticky tab? (Without the mouse I mean). Tabkey toggles just list & search.

It says in the help file
"bring up Echo ... notice that the clip you have just pasted is now the first one on top."
This often takes a good while to actually happen. I noticed it not happening, then checked a few times after pasting - once it happened promptly, then it didnt seem to be happening at all, but did happen eventually i.e. it didnt happen within the first 10 to 15 seconds after pasting.

tranglos:
I've made a couple of clips sticky, but how do I get to the sticky tab? (Without the mouse I mean). Tabkey toggles just list & search.-tomos (September 08, 2011, 08:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Several ways:

Ctrl+Tab and Shift+Ctrl+Tab

Ctrl+PageUp and Ctrl+PageDown

Ctrl+1 .. Ctrl+0 will switch immediately to the view that corresponds to the number. (This only works for the first 10 views). In Preferences you can choose to use Alt+<digit> combinations if you prefer: Keyboard -> QuickViewModifier -> choose qvmAlt.

It says in the help file
"bring up Echo ... notice that the clip you have just pasted is now the first one on top."
This often takes a good while to actually happen. I noticed it not happening, then checked a few times after pasting - once it happened promptly, then it didnt seem to be happening at all, but did happen eventually i.e. it didnt happen within the first 10 to 15 seconds after pasting.-tomos (September 08, 2011, 08:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Great, you've found the first bug! :)

This used to work fine, but in the current version there is indeed a problem. The reason the clip you just pasted does not move to the top is that the list of clips does not get updated. Try it: if you switch to a different tab and back, the clip will now be on top as it should. I have no idea where or why I removed the screen refresh after pasting - will have to fix that.

Just to be sure I'm on the right track: select a clip but instead of pressing Enter, press Ctrl+C. This will only copy the clip (without pasting) and Echo will stay open. The clip you have copied should move to the top immediately.

tranglos:
I think it would be helpful if the close button minimised it to the tray. Or maybe it's just what I'm used to with apps that stay in the tray?
-tomos (September 08, 2011, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I never use that myself (I use the minimize button for that :-) but I can add this as an option, no problem.

tomos:
-tomos (September 08, 2011, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

I never use that myself (I use the minimize button for that :-) but I can add this as an option, no problem.
-tranglos (September 08, 2011, 11:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

if it's not too much hassle that would be great :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version