ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2012

NANY 2012 Release: Ethervane Echo

<< < (53/63) > >>

tranglos:
To Dan and everyone using the latest version of Echo (1.1.1):

Please read! Yep, we have a red alert here.

There is an important bug in this version that causes some data loss under certain conditions. As a result of the bug, some clips lose their data and become unusable when Echo performs database maintenance. The bug was introduced in version 1.1.1 and affects only recent installations, but just in case I ask everyone using Echo to apply a temporary fix.

Please do the following in Echo:

* Click Tools -> Available clipboard formats.
* Without changing anything in the dialog box, click OK.
This will refresh the list of formats stored in the database, and will add the required CF_TEXT and CF_UNICODE formats if they are not already listed in the database.

As an additional precaution, you can also temporarily disable automatic maintenance in Echo by doing the following:

* Click Tools -> Preferences -> Database maintenance.
* Set AutomaticMaintenance to False.
This should prevent any further data loss until I release an update (in one or two days).

How do you tell if you are affected by the bug?

You are affected, if you experience the bug described in this post:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=27849.msg282383#msg282383

You are affected, if the latest version (1.1.1) is the first version you ever installed, or if you have deleted and re-created the database since installing this version.

Apologies! And thanks to Dan for reporting this. A fix is coming, but for now, the two procedures described above will keep everyone's installation safe from the bug.

tranglos:
A proper new version has been released. Information in this post is no longer current and the attachment has been removed.

I have attached a temporary fix for the bug described above. It will not bring back the damaged clips, but it will prevent more clips from being affected by the bug. Please download, unzip and replace the existing executable with the version contained in this file.

tranglos:
New release March 25 (Version 1.1.2)

This release fixes important bugs. Please download and install this release, especially if you are using version 1.1.1 (published February 21).

See the top post in this thread for download links.

New in this release:

FIXED: A significant bug that would cause loss of certain clips when Echo performed database maintenance. This bug affected only certain installations, but was quite severe when it occurred.

FIXED: Minor change to allow Echo to paste clips into certain applications with non-standard windows that do not automatically regain focus (e.g. Stickes). Echo should now be able to paste clips into such applications, but only if Echo runs minimized and only if it is activated by the activation hotkey (not with the mouse).

tranglos:
I run an application called 'Stickies' which is a very well known , very popular desktop sticky / notes application. However whereas Ditto will paste directly into a desktop 'sticky' note, EE will not - other than using a 'manual' Ctrl-V. Any thoughts on that?
-JeremyWW (March 01, 2012, 03:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

Please try the latest release. Echo should now be able to paste clips into Stickies, but only if you activate it using the activation hotkey (not the mouse).

It should also be detecting the UK English dictionary now, please let me know if this works for you.

silat:
Win 7 64

Ethervane will not show in systray at restart.
I have set it to show "icon and notification".
If I manually do that then it shows.
But at system restart it is hidden again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version