Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 17, 2014, 08:36:57 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: [Release] SRTFilter: Simple Automatic Subtitle Editor & Renamer  (Read 4205 times)
antekgla
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 02, 2011, 04:06:01 PM »

Here's a little program i made for myself to automatically remove credits from .srt files. Also the program clean and rename the .srt and video filenames.
You could find a more accurate description (and F.A.Q. and Screenshots) here:

SRTFilter Blog

The program is FREEWARE.
I know what this dont help so much to english-speak people but could help others (like me) what use srt subtitles a lot.

Description from the blog:

SRTFilter is a program to automatically edit and rename subtitle files in SubRip format (.srt)
It is fully configurable both in appearance and language.
Their Windows Explorer Shell extensions allow access to the program from any folder/file on your disk.
It also supports drag & drop of subtitle files.
It is extremely fast. Process 45 subtitle files by second.

A quick and easy way to:

* Correct common errors in. srt files. Errors that can cause trouble on household divx players, especially a very common error on machines with Mediatek Chipset does not display the last subtitle line.

* Delete according to preferences set by the user, captions containing certain keywords (credits)

* Remove <tags> style.

* Rename automatically subtitle (and video) files, removing year, scene groups and user defined words, all thru regular expressions filters (also user defined).
Special module for Series with Episode Numbering Style choice (s01e01, S01E01, 1x01).

I hope you enjoy it.
Cheers!
nosh
Supporting Member

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »

I haven't tried your program yet but it looks interesting. I use my text editor (regex find & replace) to remove hearing impaired tags from srt files.

BTW, subs aren't only useful to non-English speakers. A lot of us prefer original audio+subs to dubbing for foreign language films.  smiley

removing year, scene groups

I don't know if you have all the scene groups already added to the custom word list (sorry, I'm not on my PC) but I find the thought strangely amusing  Grin
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 04:49:36 PM by nosh » Logged
antekgla
Participant

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 05:01:18 PM »

I don't know if you have all the scene groups already added to the custom word list (sorry, I'm not on my PC) but I find the thought strangely amusing  Grin

The program has a very short list, only the majors, but is capable of detect and add automatically other groups (based in the construct -scenegroupname)
skwire
Charter Member

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 05:31:16 PM »

Welcome to the site, antekgla.  Thanks for sharing your application.   cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.28 ]