topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:15 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: [Release] SRTFilter: Simple Automatic Subtitle Editor & Renamer  (Read 12769 times)

antekgla

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • SRTFilter
    • Donate to Member
Here's a little program i made for myself to automatically remove credits from .srt files. Also the program clean and rename the .srt and video filenames.
You could find a more accurate description (and F.A.Q. and Screenshots) here:

SRTFilter Blog

The program is FREEWARE.
I know what this dont help so much to english-speak people but could help others (like me) what use srt subtitles a lot.

Description from the blog:

SRTFilter is a program to automatically edit and rename subtitle files in SubRip format (.srt)
It is fully configurable both in appearance and language.
Their Windows Explorer Shell extensions allow access to the program from any folder/file on your disk.
It also supports drag & drop of subtitle files.
It is extremely fast. Process 45 subtitle files by second.

caps-main.0.2.small.jpg[Release] SRTFilter: Simple Automatic Subtitle Editor & Renamer

A quick and easy way to:

* Correct common errors in. srt files. Errors that can cause trouble on household divx players, especially a very common error on machines with Mediatek Chipset does not display the last subtitle line.

* Delete according to preferences set by the user, captions containing certain keywords (credits)

* Remove <tags> style.

* Rename automatically subtitle (and video) files, removing year, scene groups and user defined words, all thru regular expressions filters (also user defined).
Special module for Series with Episode Numbering Style choice (s01e01, S01E01, 1x01).

I hope you enjoy it.
Cheers!
SRTFilter Automatic Subtitle Editor & Renamer
Dualcopy If you use Teracopy or Fastcopy this can be interesting   - My N.A.N.Y 2018 Entry

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: [Release] SRTFilter: Simple Automatic Subtitle Editor & Renamer
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 04:39 PM »
I haven't tried your program yet but it looks interesting. I use my text editor (regex find & replace) to remove hearing impaired tags from srt files.

BTW, subs aren't only useful to non-English speakers. A lot of us prefer original audio+subs to dubbing for foreign language films.  :)

removing year, scene groups

I don't know if you have all the scene groups already added to the custom word list (sorry, I'm not on my PC) but I find the thought strangely amusing  ;D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 04:49 PM by nosh »

antekgla

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • SRTFilter
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 05:01 PM »
I don't know if you have all the scene groups already added to the custom word list (sorry, I'm not on my PC) but I find the thought strangely amusing  ;D

The program has a very short list, only the majors, but is capable of detect and add automatically other groups (based in the construct -scenegroupname)
SRTFilter Automatic Subtitle Editor & Renamer
Dualcopy If you use Teracopy or Fastcopy this can be interesting   - My N.A.N.Y 2018 Entry

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 05:31 PM »
Welcome to the site, antekgla.  Thanks for sharing your application.   :D