topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 5:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: EmEditor Core: Paid upgrades for licenses purchased on or after November 1, 2011  (Read 5051 times)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
EmEditor Core : Paid upgrades for licenses purchased on or after November 1, 2011
Posted by Yutaka on 6/27/2011 2:28:58 pm

Paid upgrades for licenses purchased on or after November 1, 2011

We have been providing free upgrades for EmEditor Professional from v4 through v10. We realize that this is a major benefit for users, and we thoroughly appreciate your participation and support. Unfortunately, due to the recent difficult economic climate, it has become impossible for us to continue offering free upgrades to all users.

Thus, in order to allow us to continue the development of EmEditor, for users who purchase new licenses on or after November 1, 2011, upgrades will be paid. We plan to keep the upgrade fee as low as possible.

Licenses purchased before November 1, 2011 will be the same as before. They are eligible to be upgraded for free as long as they are registered at the Emurasoft Customer Center. The date of purchase can be verified in your purchase history at the Emurasoft Customer Center.

Currently, EmEditor programs are separated into the trial and the full-version. Switching from the trial to the full version requires you to first uninstall the trial and then install the full-version. Beginning with v10.1.0, the trial will become the same as the full-version (as it was in v8 and earlier), and simply entering a registration key during the trial will switch the program to the full-version. We hope that this will make your use of EmEditor smoother and more intuitive. Thank you.

Deadline for product registration for free upgrades

The product registration for free upgrades from EmEditor Professional v8 or earlier that we offer at the Emurasoft Customer Center will end on October 31, 2011. In order to ensure smooth upgrades in the future, if you have a license for EmEditor Professional v8 or earlier, but have not registered your license for a free upgrade, please register your license at Emurasoft Customer Center for the upgrade before November 1, 2011. If you do not register your licenses, the future upgrade eligibility, whether free or paid, will be expire.

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I wish them prosperity. A great product back when I was on Windows. I registered it in part because it was modular and got significantly better with each upgrade. However, I've got more (free) text editors than I can throw a stick at on Linux these days.

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
*bump* Just an reminder at the deadline (see first post above)

(or for that fellows who were on vacation in July  :P )

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The developers deserve a huge amount of praise for grandfathering in the previously registered owners prior to their change in upgrade policy.

Would that every developer acted as ethically towards their existing customer base.  :Thmbsup:

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The developers deserve a huge amount of praise for grandfathering in the previously registered owners prior to their change in upgrade policy.

+1.  EmuraSoft have behaved in a most honourable manner.  If you have to make a change of policy, that's how it should be done.

Lutz_

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
... just two days ago I discovered the fantastic "batch replace" tool in EMeditor - it saved my a##.  Dedicated one-trick tools for this do cost more than this fully featured editor.

AbteriX

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
*bump* Just an reminder at the deadline (see first post above)

As far as i understood:

If you have bought v8 or earlier you have to register till 31. Oct. your license to be allowed to get free upgrades. If you not register you have to pay again.

If you have already version 9 or newer or if you want to buy now till 31. Oct. you will get free upgrades as long as anyhow possible (an quasi lifetime license)

If you buy after 31. Oct. you will get a version license "only" and you have to pay again for upgrades.

But read yourself: > http://www.emeditor....icle.php?storyid=101