ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Looking for very light IM (ICQ) client

(1/5) > >>

apankrat:
Hola comrades, got a favour to ask.

I've been using Trillian since it was first released... and given its rather abysmal quality I don't really know why I did :) And now that they started to stuff ads into the IM stream it seems like a good time to part ways with it.

Can anyone suggest a light and decently designed IM client?

Something along the lines of Easy Message. I don't really care for anything, but just IM chat. No need for the video, file transfers, smiley packs, skins and what not. Something almost like micq, but as a native Windows app.

Thanks

skwire:
I've used Miranda IM for ten years now (since it was strictly an ICQ clone called Miranda ICQ).  Because it's plugin based, you can strip out all that you don't want.  I use it for ICQ, Jabber, Yahoo, MSN, GTalk, and AIM.  Great application.

40hz:
+1 w/skwire on Miranda IM.

IMO the best of the bunch for Windows.

apankrat:
Right on, guys. I completely forgot about Miranda. Now let's see if I can build it on my box so that I can tweak its UI to my liking :-)

skwire:
You probably don't even need to bother building it as there are several contact list UIs that you can use with Miranda.  I prefer simple icons and plain-text, so I use the very sparse "Classic contact list" (clist_classic.dll).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version