Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 30, 2014, 02:53:56 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: People just don't understand...  (Read 1365 times)
40hz
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 02, 2011, 09:09:47 AM »

A neighbor weighs in on Steve Jobs.

Would you believe he's not merely a colossal genius - he's also just "the guy next door?"

Yup...ok. undecided

Read all about it here.

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 11:24:02 PM »

I don’t understand...    Wink   tongue

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
Lashiec

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 09:56:55 AM »

The RDF is strong on this one... tongue
40hz
Supporting Member

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2011, 11:25:33 AM »

Personally, I think Steve Jobs may be in a lot more serious a medical condition than they're letting on.

Because some of that essay smacks of pre-eulogizationCool

From the 40hz Dictionary:

Pre-eulogization: (vt) The act of writing a eulogy in advance of a controversial person's immanent demise,; done with the intention of furnishing an apology or positive spin on said person's behavior before the journalists and biographers have a field day showing just how much of a dyed-in-the-wool bastard said person truly was.

Either way, I genuinely do wish him all the best with regards to his illness. Because as much as some of his actions have annoyed me over the years, I still can't find any justification in wishing him pain or suffering.
 smiley

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
J-Mac
Supporting Member

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 11:27:49 AM »

Is THAT what that is?! Pretty sure my mother wrote one for me when I was about eight years old!  (Ha! Wishful thinking on her part!)

Jim

"I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath."
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 09:36:25 AM »

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.08 ]