ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How do you organize/access tiny portable utilities?

<< < (4/4)

Outertech Support:
Thanks for the drop and drag tip. I was using navigating "Edit-new-local_file" which works well, I suggested Linkman modify the structure to make that a bit easier to find.
-Steven Avery (September 26, 2011, 06:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

Modify structure in which way?

Steven Avery:
Hi,

How about something like a "TIP" box when you go " "Edit-new-local_file" where it says "You can drag and drop from ..."  with a checkbox "Do not show this tip again".

I dunno if the TIP structure built-in to many programs (is it OS ?) is flexible in that way, but the idea would work if you can implement.

=====================

Thus it becomes exceedingly easy to use Linkman as a launcher and/or program cataloguer by running through your places under c:\program files\ and dragging and dropping and then assigning keywords like "startup", "trialexp" "dunno" "security" etc.  Also any programs you have that might be elsewhere (I try to be sure even the non-install programs like some utiltities of NirSoft have a c:\program files\ folder).  

Note: I did note that if the link is already there, it does not come up for edit (or dup or anything) on drag-and-drop.  Not a big deal, since while I am adding them I have "c:\program files\ in the search bar (I only use one folder, nothing heirarchical, all search). However, I know you will want to check that. Perhaps a configuration thing "on drag-and-drop" "add and edit", or "add" or "show" (which I never use).

========================

Thought:
We could have a thread for the "Responsive, Friendly Dozen" (or 25) - "commercial" software where the individual or small team is totally responsive.  Thomas for Linkman is nominated, that fellow Jaros from Hard Disk Sentinel. There can be superb software without such daily give-and-take (e.g. Revo Uninstaller) and the is often super-responsive DonationCoderWare and Freeware.   I just think the actual biz companies that are really dedicated with products especial can get a nod.

Steven

Outertech Support:
We are planning a "10 things you may not know about Linkman" video.

superboyac:
Thought:
We could have a thread for the "Responsive, Friendly Dozen" (or 25) - "commercial" software where the individual or small team is totally responsive.  Thomas for Linkman is nominated, that fellow Jaros from Hard Disk Sentinel. There can be superb software without such daily give-and-take (e.g. Revo Uninstaller) and the is often super-responsive DonationCoderWare and Freeware.   I just think the actual biz companies that are really dedicated with products especial can get a nod.
-Steven Avery (October 04, 2011, 12:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
I agree.  I've learned this past year how much people value customer service, and I thank all of the great developers here who make life easier for me, both with their words and actions.

nosh:
We are planning a "10 things you may not know about Linkman" video.
--- End quote ---

Sounds interesting. Hope to learn a few new things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version