ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Don't miss the excellent Metaproducts Inquiry today (Sept 1st) on GOTD

(1/2) > >>

MerleOne:
I recommend it highly !

rgdot:
Thanks. With the recent threads and deals for the likes of Surfulater and my (and others') obsession with knowledge base and PIM like products MetaProducts is one I got to try.

Steven Avery:
Hi,

The program is pretty, and Metaproducts is usually good.
Some concerns

First I uninstalled a few year old version I was not using (and which, even though it was .. I think .. GAOTD, it thought it was evaluation). It was sloppy in registry and path leftover cleaned up by Revo.

===========

The GAOTD people were harsh but a few points seem valid.

Standard vs. Professional
http://www.metaproducts.com/mp/custom.asp?id=29

What is omitted in "Standard" seems pretty basic, although they discussed the print option and you use a right-click workaround.  Not sure if it is the same thing. However, a $50 version that is weaker or crippled on printing ?? .. It does not seem like the Standard Pro-thing is done right.

Similar to whatever is missing in plugin capability.  A pro version should have some fancy features, the standard $50 versions should not lack basics.

The question of turning the program off is fundamental.  Something that uses resources should have a quiet disabled mode one click away.

Maybe here the users have a savvier perspective. I am wary of getting involved, will it be worth the effort ?

Steven

rgdot:
Just used it for a bit, takes a bit getting used to, I highlighted a line of text in its internal browser but it offered (via right click) to save the frame

A point about GAOTD, their licenses are only one time with no allowance for recovering from a system crash or installing on another computer. A PIM or similar program that holds info loses value in this sense.

Alexander - MetaProducts:
Steven, could you please explain me your problem with turning off the program? Do you mean the Inquiry SideBar? You can close it using the "X" button of its caption.

Rgdot, you can save the GOTD registration code to a safe place and then register the program after the re-install.

Best regards,
  Alexander

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version