topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:39 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mssprxy.dll error message  (Read 5402 times)

MamasBoy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mssprxy.dll error message
« on: August 30, 2011, 01:51 PM »
can anyone help me?? I keep getting the following error message :  "C:\Windows\system32\mssprxy.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support"

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mssprxy.dll error message
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 02:53 PM »
Use a system restore point to go back to a working state (if that function is activated in your XP). A lot more involved (and gratifying when successful) method is the following:

Retrieve the file version from the .dll and check on the internet if that dll is part of a service pack, windows install CD or KB fix. Looking at the name I assume it will be a part of the installation CD. 

Then use 7-zip, WinRAR, WinZip, or any decent file manager to search for the dll in the .cab files on the CD. Extract it and copy it to the system32 folder.

If you are (too) trusting (of) the interweb, you could also google and download it directly.

MamasBoy

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 02:57 PM »
Shades, thank you for your reply. I've got the original Windows 7 disk and I'll try it as you suggested. Thanks again.

robinsiebler

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 05:00 PM »
I bought OneNote standalone on NewEgg
Happiness is laced with shards of pain