ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Flexible List (data) Management - ListPro and the Alternatives

<< < (6/7) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi Paul,

It probably has to do with public/private areas within ImageShack.  
I'll look into it.

ok.. I tried the "make public" tag.
Let me know how it goes.

========================

Then the question is whether DonationCoder prefers the image on the net (will the account be there in x years ?) or prefer it somehow downloaded ?

Steven

Paul Keith:
Ok. Btw since this topic doesn't have Treesheets and it's talking about grids, I hope you don't mind me posting about it. Last time I did, that turned out to be what someone was looking for.

http://treesheets.com/

tranglos:
Hi, unfortunately the image doesn't load for me. (Domain unregistered. The one with the frog.)
-Paul Keith (September 06, 2011, 06:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

How about now? :)

Paul Keith:
Thanks. I can see it now.

Edit: I'm out of ideas.

Steven Avery:
Hi,

All the edgy products are good here.  TreeSheets, InfoQube, RightNote, ListPro and alternatives to each come to mind.

ListPro is the immediate thread focus but there is lots of overlap.  e.g. RightNote has both spreadsheets and tables as a built-in feature, so it has more capability for lists than many note-takers.

Right now I am oriented to RightNote (apparently screen pic but no web clipping) and ListPro .. and thinking about WebClippers like Metaproducts Inquiry .. or waiting a while for the new features in Linkman.  This is a factor because some forum pages where I do original research vanish. (That is why I was searching for a Bulletin Board editor that works in font mode, rather than code mode.)

Also oriented toward programming database tools, playing with Magic, and WinDev particularly.  However that is partly because of my iSeries stuff.  I used to like Alpha4, but at the moment no one database tool strikes me as elegant and easy.

That is why the rinky-dink Avanquest tool Database Professional might actually be very good, especially if it is an active product (see my questions, like whether it holds hot links).  Much as I avoid Avanquest normally as a product-gulper.

================

The incredible donationcoder scroll bar does allow part of the field with the url-clickable to be seen on the pic. 

Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version