ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

which hierarchical note program?

<< < (4/10) > >>

nudone:
yeah, thanks Zaine. i've started using the note feature with ACDSee - never looked under the hood in that section until now but it looks like the best method of keeping notes with images (kind of sad that it's been there all this time and i've been scratching my head on wondering how to make notes).

i've downloaded the trial for TexNotes Pro - not honestly sure if i could put that to use or not.

if OneNote works with photoshop files then that's worth a try - i'll take a look...

Bitwise:
a special note taking program just for mentalists - that sounds truly bizarre, Bitwise.-nudone (May 19, 2005, 02:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
Um, yes, I suppose it does....  :-[

The truth is, I'd long wanted a program that had categories attached to each tree node and note. This was something that was introduced by a DOS program called Grandview (the successor to PC Outline) yonks ago but nothing much was ever made of it. In years of coding for PC Plus articles (this project happens to be written in Delphi) I'd developed a fairly decent little word processor, a modest tree-view outliner and a whole bunch of other bits and pieces which I decided to integrate to form Mentalika. As I said, mentalism is a hobby of mine (no, I don't claim to be as good as Derren Brown but then I doubt if his Delphi programming is up to much either ;) ) and a number of professional mentalists started talking about the merits of various note-taking software. I told them about mine; they liked it and so Mentalika was born. It's fine for other types of note organisation too just as long as you don't use mentalist databases....

all the best
Huw

nudone:
okay, i'm intrigued. is mentalika available to non-mentalists?  :huh:

Bitwise:
okay, i'm intrigued. is mentalika available to non-mentalists?  :huh:
-nudone (May 19, 2005, 04:26 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not yet. I'm currently working on an updated version which I shall probably make more generally available. As I said, I'm thinking of writing some articles for Bitwise explaining how to program some features (e.g. how to attach rich text notes to the nodes of a tree view and save and restore these to and from disk). The entire program is far too complicated to explain in a few articles but selected features such as the above would probably be of interest to people.

I'm also thinking of doing a .NET version of Mentalika (the present one is Win32) and may recode some things in C#.

all the best
Huw

nudone:
okay, i'll keep checking the Bitwise magazine for any updates but could you please post back here when you feel Mentalika is ready for a more general audience - i'm sure i won't be the only person that would like to know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version