ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

which hierarchical note program?

<< < (3/10) > >>

kfitting:
Heh heh!  Your "too complicated" comment makes me laugh mouser!  Just goes to show that two different people have totally different needs/wants.  I was comparing Keynote to TexNotes as far as user interface.  Talk about cluttered!  Not that TexNotes isnt powerful...

Kevin

JeffK:
Ultra Recall would definitely be too complicated for someone who wants a simple note keeper.

Jeff

Bitwise:
I've written just such a program. It's called Mentalika and (to date) I have only distributed to a small number of people as it was originally intended to be a note-taker and learning tool for mentalists (this is getting complicated, but in brief a 'mentalist' is a 'psychological entertainer' like Derren Brown and this happens to be a hobby of mine). I may think of releasing a version of the program more widely though. It has a tree structure for note headers with a separate note-taking editor (with full formatting) plus a popup word processor. You can move and copy tree nodes, and (naturally) save and restore the tree and associated notes to and from disk (something which can be tricky if you've never done it before!) Each note can be assigned a category and the notes can then be sorted according to categories and viewed in a tabular structure instead of on the tree. You can flip between the tree and the table instantly and carry on editing the selected note.

If anyone thinks this sounds of interest, let me know, and I may think of writing some articles on how to do it....  :)

all the best
Huw

nudone:
a special note taking program just for mentalists - that sounds truly bizarre, Bitwise.

as for Derren Brown, i think his act is absolutely fantastic (makes David Blaine look quite silly). if you can do anything similar Bitwise, then i'm well impressed.

zridling:
Nudone, although it costs $99, consider Microsoft OneNote. It's GREAT on a tablet, and you can drop photos into it and take all the notes you want — it's incredibly simple and seriously fast. I have over 6,000 "pages" in one of my OneNote setups and it's no problem.

The "busy-ness" of TexNotes Pro is its complexity. It's a great program and well-supported, and its interface can by customized for simplicity, but don't kid yourself: TexNotes Pro is an advanced program required a good measure of immersion to fully take advantage of its broad features.

Mouser guessed it: ACDSee 7 does have good note-taking abilities. Just right-click, select Properties to open a task pane that has a host of info and Notes section. Version 7 is great; version 6.x was bloatware, but users griped so much that they actually reduced the feature set in the current version and made the program really fast again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version