ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Centurylink is on CracK

<< < (4/7) > >>

steeladept:
Well said complement to exactly what I was pointing out in my first post here.  The "brain-dead" are not necessarily as brain-dead as they seem, it is just "I have to follow this script or I loose my job.  I don't care who you are, you are not worth my job as horrible as it is, because I still need to put food on my table."  Most with any talent usually do move rather quickly to other positions leaving the talentless or new hires behind, making it even worse for the end user.  But since companies do see it as a cost-center, and an expensive and profit draining one at that, they will never improve it until/unless people become willing to pay the additional expense for better service.  Indeed, HP for one, has a special group for paid tech support completely independent of the standard tech support.  You pay an additional fee and they give you the equivalent of a bypass level 1 & go directly to level 2 phone number.  I am sure there are others out there, but who, besides fairly large or grossly profitable companies can afford that?

wreckedcarzz:
Vodafone support is irritating for sure. "Your call is important to us, please stay on the line."  :P
-mahesh2k (August 29, 2011, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Try being on the phone to Virgin Media...Fur Elise...in Monotone (Like those ring-tones you got on phones 15 years ago lol)
-Stephen66515 (August 29, 2011, 07:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Virgin Mobile is just as bad in the US; they play horrible music that forces you to pull the phone from your head to avoid bashing it into the nearest sharp object, the CS reps are all non-US native and speak Engrish wonderfully, and half the time have no idea WTF you are talking about or what you want, no matter how clear and concisely you repeat it, or how many times. And if they do tell you they understand, it often takes multiple callbacks to actually get the steps they outlined to you completed, as they seem to tell you they will do things and then just hang up and, I would assume, laugh hysterically and scratch themselves until the next call connects.

EDIT: Oh, and they have this automated system, whom refers to himself as Alex. He's just as useless as the actual, theoretical humans you converse with after the aforementioned hold music. And there is no way to negate "talking" to him. Ugh.

steeladept:
Hmmm....That is the first bad thing I have heard about Virgin Mobile.  When my contract comes up with AT&T, I was debating between VM and VW (Verizon).  Verizon, I know what I am getting, but Virgin Mobile I have heard a lot of good things about and they use a CDMA network (leased from Verizon I think, but I don't know that).  I always had horrible luck with Sprint, but I keep being told they have gotten a lot better in the last 10 years since I had to deal with them, so they are another possibility - though very slight.

wreckedcarzz:
I love VM for the cheap and reliable cell coverage, but the CS just blows. The day I activated my Intercept (their initial Android phone) I had no data service. "We 'reset' your plan, wait 4 hours" - 6 hours later, no data. Repeat call resulted in repeat "solution" (of course). I had no issues going from the Intercept to the Triumph, however I gave the Intercept to a friend whom is still getting Voicemail notifications for me, even though the number was ported. I'm worried that when we activate the Intercept for him that problems will arise. :-\

I'd still recommend them, though. Good service, good prices, just attempt to solve issues on your own.

nosh:
Technically, it's the system at fault. However, when one factors in other human traits like laziness and not-giving-a-fcuk there's more to it.

My rant on a local forum from May, 2011
SpoilerOK, I'll try to keep my temper in check and try to put this in as little words as possible

I'm trying to activate a 35 rupee sms pack on my prepaid no.

I recharged with netbanking (usually works) - this time the transaction was successful but I got a msg from Vodafone telling me the transaction could not be processed and the money would be refunded

So I call their cust support. I've called cust support 4 times so far. Each time got a different guy who gave me a different no and sms code to activate this pack. It still isn't active.

I get a complaint no. from the last guy (198) I call there to complain - he gives me the same (incorrect) info that one of the 4 guys I spoke to before him gave me. He tells me the complaint no isn't 198, it's 190.

190 is unreachable, 198 is listed as the complaint no on the site.

I call 198, "sorry but your call cannot be processed" or something to that effect.

I call the usual cust support no. This time I just can't speak to a human being like I did before, the menu just loops back. I suspect my no. has been shitlisted.

I get a complaint no. from the web site. Call there... engaged.

By now I'm completely brain-F*****, my mind is mush, I can't even feel anger anymore, just empty. These guys really know how to take us for a ride.

Have been complaining on Twitter throughout, nobody has got back to me so far.

Just posting here to vent my frustration coz so far it's like talking to a machine behind an iron wall.

Thank you, Vodafone for one of the nastiest cust support experiences. It'll be my life's mission now to stop everyone and their uncle from avoiding you horrible company.

PS: I must have heard "main maafi chahta hoon" ("I'd like to apologize") around 300 times today.

I'm laughing like a madman now thinking back on the experience. Vodafone cust support has successfully demolished my brain in the span of 3 hours!

Follow up post:
SpoilerNo sweat, I find it quite funny too. It's not about getting the refund back, that's the least of my concerns. The main thing is they have made their plans and rules so complicated that they have reached a breaking point where even their customer support has no idea what's going on. 4 people have given me different info for the same thing!

What is most despicable though is shitlisting my no. I've dealt with idiots before but this is just ruthless. The menu loops at the point at which I cud speak to a human being now. Even the complaint no. just gives me a voice message and hangs up. I have not once abused or used foul language with even one of these people and I have followed all their instructions and yet it's like I've broken some law and can't speak to them anymore. Someone needs to take these guys to court for unethical business practices, sadly most people just don't have the time or energy to do that.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

Finally went to a Vodafone shop in my area, 5 guys with a "Can I help" badge just loitering around aimlessly pretending the person waiting for help doesn't exist. 2 guys huddled over some hot lady, one of them is just observing - so I ask him "Are you busy?" He looks all tragic like I woke him up in the middle of the night and asks me what I want. Goes to a PC, fiddles for 2 minutes trying to login, asks someone else the password. Logs in, there's another login screen waiting for him. Looks up at me and says in slow motion " Sir can you come a little later... " - I cut the guy short, "NO, I don't have any more patience with you guys now".
"Sir, but our system is..."
I tell him I've been trying to get this done since morning and have actually traveled to the store just for that, I'm not going to take no for an answer.
He calls someone else, the guy takes my phone and punches in a code, job done! Like W-T-F!! I had to f*** up half my day coz these guys didn't know what code to give me?

On my way back I get a call from some cust support woman, "sorry sir" "sorry sir" "I will definitely pass on sir" LOL, yeah, whatever!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version