ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Goodnight Irene

(1/7) > >>

40hz:
My town, along with much of the eastern seaboard, is bracing for some unusually heavy weather.

Wishing all who are in the path of Irene a safe night and a safer tomorrow.

:Thmbsup:

mouser:

jgpaiva:
I'm sure all will go well, 40hz! Don't forget to check in tomorrow so we know everything's OK ;)

db90h:
I happened to be at Atlantic Beach, NC (bulls-eye) this last week, my once yearly chance to take the cheapest vacation I can on my anniversary. They issued a sudden mandatory evacuation on Thursday afternoon, though we planning to leave Friday morning anyway, and had done all we wanted to do. Saved me money on that last night at the hotel, as I got a refund. Anyway, there was no warning on the evac, it was sudden and NOW. So, we got outta there, headed back home. The peer right beside us, at the Sheraton (next hotel down), is where NBC news has been broadcasting from. Half that peer is gone now.

The flooding is going to be the big issue. What happens to the northeast, particularly NYC, I dunno.. this is an unusual event, and it could be disastrous. I really do not want to see another city under water, like was the case of New Orleans ;o.

Edvard:
Yes, please do keep us posted  :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version