ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

editor or wp (on disk) to give rtf code for web forums

(1/2) > >>

Steven Avery:
Hi Folks,

Sometimes I post on a forum whose editor lost its color formatting capability.  Yet it still reads the formatting code properly (bold, italics underline, color, size, maybe font .. color and bold and italics are what I mostly use). So I can go to another forum, prepare a post, change it with the toggle mode to code-level and then copy that code over.  

However, I would rather do it in an editor on disk.  Is that easy in Atlantis or Abiword or RightNote or TreeDbNotes or KeyNote or OpenOffice or this or that ? Or perhaps a code editor ?  Something nice and light.  I may end up using this to save a copy as well, as forums vary on archiving, per google and crashing threads.

Sometimes I compose in Eudora, it would compose and usually cut-and-paste nicely (forums vary some) the rtf formatted text (which won't work for my problem forum, it needs the underlying code). And the Eudora "view source" level seems to be for incoming mail and too cluttered. And while Eudora has decent search, I would rather archive in a special folder-smart thing.

So far, I looked in RightNote, but did not see a "view source" type of button. I could write the developer, I was quite impressed with the bar and help layouts overall.

Your thoughts appreciated.

=================

Oh, it should be able to take my pics from Abbyy Screenshot Reader, that are passed through the clipboard.

=================

Shalom,
Steven

lanux128:
perhaps this freeware (Text Edit Anywhere) with the combination of BBCeditor looks like it might do the trick.

• Text Edit Anywhere

Steven Avery:
Hi,

Thanks. Interesting.

So far I have not figured out how to get the hotkey to bring text back and forth.
Although I can cut-and-paste. I gather the point of TEA is simply to automate
the moving of the text back and forth from the window in focus to the editor and
then back, using the hotkey. 

BBCEditor - I also got two Online-Armor prompts about connecting to another computer.

Then the biggest question.  I seem to be editing BBCEditor in the code mode,
and it shows up in the finished rtf mode.  I like to edit in that finished rtf mode.
Now I understand I create the code mode by using color and underline buttons,
etc.  However my comfort zone is to type in colored rtf text, and see the
code in the other window, which is the reverse I think.

Shalom,
Steven

KynloStephen66515:
How about something like this?

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=25352.0

Steven Avery:
Hi,

I'm struggling a bit with the installer.
Does it want Net 4.0 ?

Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version