topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:23 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 10 most annoying clocks  (Read 10382 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
10 most annoying clocks
« on: March 13, 2006, 10:12 PM »
http://www.uberrevie...ng-alarm-clocks.htm/

i like this one:

clockze001_mi1.jpg

The interactive alarm clock with a unique personality goes by the name, Nooby. To see what time the alarm is set you simply ask him and he reads the current alarm setting and assures you it’ll go off. When your favorite time of the morning comes around, he’ll beep and say, “Rise and shine, it’s time to get up!”. When you go back to sleep and don’t turn the alarm off right away, he’ll beep again, but this time he gets nasty, “Take your fingers out of your ears!”. To put an end to this harassing wake up call, you simply ring the clock’s blue neck. If he senses that you are angry, he’ll get grumpy and ignore you.Price:$29.95

[link from digg.com]

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 10 most annoying clocks
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 01:50 AM »
Hahaha, nice review! How crazy is this?!?!? ;D ;D

The Sonic Alarm will wake pretty well anything up. Simply pull the pin, yell an emphatic “fire in the hole” and lob the grenade into the sleeper’s room. After ten seconds a very annoying and piercingly loud noise (there are three volume settings) will blast out from the alarm. That’s not all however, what makes this especially great is that to stop the alarm the sleeper has to find you so you can put the pin back in. Price:$16

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 06:07 AM »

This one is just evil. It's first thing in the morning, groggy as can be, ears protesting the alarm ambience . . . and you have to put together a puzzle to shut it up. Hell no.

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 05:50 AM »
Here's an idea for an alarm clock: make you play a game of simon before it stops beeping. You could program a set number you have to repeat.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 10:34 AM »
We could really push it, rubix cube alarm.  Solve the cube to silence the alarm.  The block will scramble itself while you sleep, ensuring you don't cheat.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 11:00 AM »
how about a normal alarm clock, but get 500 of em and put em in a box, pick one random one per night and "set it and forget it" :)

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 11:03 AM »
At this point, I'm considering sleeping on a hand grenade with a timed pin pull :)

Hirudin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 04:13 AM »
On a serious note, what I do is set 4 alarms (on my PDA). The first is very quiet (a soft beep that repeats every 2 minutes for 14 minutes), then a little louder (at the same interval), then music (the same song every morning :( ), then a very loud, very annoying beep that repeats every 20 seconds. I haven't been able to sleep through the last one yet, and sometimes I get woken up by the much more pleasent first 3 alarms.