ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Donation gamer: Games to give

(1/10) > >>

iphigenie:
Hi

I have a bunch of games on gamersgate and steam (and a few direct from developers) which I meant to give to friends but, I must notice, in quite a few cases I have failed to convince individual friends to be interested enough. In other cases I received as a bonus or gift something I already had...

So I figured, this is donation coder, I'll be donation gamer

None of them are expensive, but still, a freebie is nice  :P

Here are the "rules"
* Please be nice, I'll try to do first come first serve but I might get something wrong and apologise in advance
* actually think you'll play the game a few hours in the next month :)
* If on gamersgate or steam, I'd expect you to add me to your network (iphigenie/superiphi) so I can bask in the warm glow that at least someone is playing the games my friends wouldnt play
* removed the 4th rule on intending to donate - intending to participate is fine too :)

On Steam:
Several copies of "Defense Grid". That one is so awesome I first had it on Direct2Drive, then on Steam, then I bought a 10 pack on sale to spread the love :). 4 gone, 1 left
Detour - a bit clunky but a neat idea, and probably will get patched. Pipeman with weapons. Mac and PC, iirc. 2 gone
Hoard - Mac or PC. Xbox port, best played with a gamepad
Portal 1 - 1 copy. Mac or PC
Vertex Dispenser - an action puzzler game about lines and colors Mac or PC. 2 gone
NEW: Sanctum - First Person Shooter Tower Defense

On Gamersgate:

Infans Solaris - asteroids with co-op mode
Woody Two-Legs: Attack of the Zombie Pirates
Guilty Gear Isuka - a fighting game http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-GGI/guilty-gear-isuka
Stronghold 1 - old but good :)
RIP - old school shooter
RIP strike back - old school shooter

Directly bought from software developer

Creeper world - hard to describe, but awesome little game, with a huge amount of content. small web demo here http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/web/play.php
Din's Curse - an excellent indie game, mix of diablo and rogue with emergent storyline

Josh:
For those of you who have not tried defense grid, please it. It is a really well thought out TD game, with quite a few levels and challenge modes.

Likewise for Portal. Portal and Portal 2 are perhaps my two most favorite games, with the death spank series coming in a very close third. Portal is immersive with a deep story line which travels into portal 2. I recommend both.

lanux128:
nice set of games, iphigenie.. may i suggest that you put the games in the monthly giveaway draw such as the one here? that way, you don't have to worry who was first and who wasn't.. :)

btw, +1 for Defense Grid. so good that i bought two copies on Steam! ;D

iphigenie:
well I haven't been swamped so far - not 1 taker

I did check the people from DC I have in my friends list on steam, but all have Defense Grid except for Carol - I'm not going to "throw" games around as it is always possible you a)didnt like it or b)already have it in some other format/platform

Go on, do indulge your curiosity  :-[

Creeper world and Din's Curse are gems - many of the ones you haven't heard of are worth. Creeper world is kind of tower defense, but against an ennemi which is, really, a fluid. Quite unique.

PS: all I need for the steam or gamersgate giving is a valid email address. Steam then wants you to register and use their client etc. Gamersgate asks for minimal registration and has a special download file per game, no client or anything once the game is downloaded (although there is a screenshot/chat overlay if you want one)

40hz:
@iphigenie - I just wanted to commend you for your generosity. With all the hoarding going on, it's nice to see people sharing what they no longer have a use for. I have the same attitude towards my own stuff. These days, if I'm not currently using something (or keeping it as an emergency spare) it's out the door in a heartbeat. I'd much prefer to see something I bought put to use rather than gathering dust on a shelf.

Donation gamer: Games to give

The sole exception is my book collection. Those I keep more of than I probably should. Gonna have to get my head around doing something about that too. :o

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version