ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Follow-up on Auto-Capture thread begun by someone else

(1/4) > >>

nkormanik:
Suppose I'd like five automatic screen snaps per weekday, on a separate computer off to the side.

Say: 8am, 10am, 12 noon, 2pm, 4pm

Would Screenshot Captor be the best tool for that?

If so, how would that be setup?

If not, would you please suggest the more appropriate application?  (perhaps using Windows Scheduled Tasks, for example?)

Thanks much,
Nicholas

mouser:
Hi Nicholas,

You could use Screenshot Captor for this..
On the Pre-Capture options tab you would set the Auto Capture timer rate to: 7200, and the Stop After to 0 (i think! to make it go forever).

And then make sure you have SC configured to stay minimized after capture (Interface Options 1 tab).

nkormanik:
An important competitive advantage Screenshot Captor has over other such programs is the extensive file-naming control.  I wouldn't want to give that up.

Thanks much!

mouser:
You could also use any other scheduling tool in conjunction with Screenshot Captor's little brother, the commandline MiniCap tool.

nkormanik:
I think MiniCap + Windows Scheduled Tasks would in fact be better, as all I want to capture are those particular times, and only on weekdays.

So, used in command-line set-up.  I believe all the file-naming possibility remains the same?  MiniCap hasn't been updated for some time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version