ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Move Window without it gaining focus?

<< < (2/4) > >>

jgpaiva:
EhEh.. As always, here's skrommel working like 3 at the same time! ;)

Thanks! It doesn't even activate the other window.. Good thinking.
Guess that solves the problem, right AndyM? ;)

AndyM:
Guess that solves the problem, right AndyM? ;)
-jgpaiva (March 14, 2006, 11:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Perfectly!

SKROMMEL,  THANK YOU!!!!!

(Plus I get to learn a little about AutoHotkey Scripts by working thru the code)

brotherS:
Hi AndyM, I don't understand how that function could be helpful - I never missed it but am interested in how it could help. Please tell me! :)

PS: Click on "quote" and see what happens :D

skrommel:
 :) I use it to move a captionless video window to my projector, as it always opens on my primary monitor. The not activating bit is just an added bonus.

Skrommel

AndyM:
Hi AndyM, I don't understand how that function could be helpful - I never missed it but am interested in how it could help. Please tell me! :)

PS: Click on "quote" and see what happens :D

-brotherS (March 15, 2006, 02:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you are referring to a list in another window, which you have sticking out from under your active window, but it's not sticking out enough.  Without Alt-Clicking, you have to guess where to position the "under" window, since it takes focus and you no longer know where the border created by the edge of the previously active window is.  Plus positioning the list is now a one step move.  Handy if you have pieces of many windows you need to see at once on a crowded desktop.

Don't use it all that often, but it was something I was accustomed to in OS/2, and year's later I still found myself trying to Alt-click and going "damn!".   Thanks to Skrommel, no longer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version