ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

a (possibly) useful pet app i wrote that beautifully displays all .net colours.

<< < (2/2)

mouser:
I think it would be cool to offer a few copy-to-clipboard options such as HTML colour code, RGB values, etc.
--- End quote ---

keep in mind that the point of this app, as i understand it, is to show you what specific preset colors that can be referenced in DOT NET programming languages look like.  so its not really meant for html/RGB colors, etc.  not that it might not be useful, just pointing out that i think the point of this is not to be a general purpose color tool.

giddy:
is to show you what specific preset colors that can be referenced in DOT NET programming languages look like.  so its not really meant for html/RGB colors
--- End quote ---
Initially very true was only a reference app... but I did consider doing that strongly... would be a little more useful than it is... however I was thinking more on the lines of displaying hex and rgb when you mouse over a box and clicking it would copy it... but context menu sounds good too... which would deliver better user experience?

The scrollbar does not adjust right when you want 1 column of colors.
--- End quote ---
wow... really weird bug..  problem even with 2 columns... and by weird i mean ALL the boxes have been added to the form and their locations correctly set... its like the form doesn't want to scroll anymore!

Will try to fix it but probably after adding the hex/rgb options.

giddy:
Ok.... was actually trouble getting a contextmenu in there because of the way i programmed it! I'm so ashamed when I look at this code sometimes... :-[

I just added copying hex codes since we don't use rgb and it would include me making the boxes bigger which would look crappy. To copy the hex just click the box, clicking the box makes it bold so you can kinda "mark" colours.

The link and the attachment in the first post has been updated.

Tell me what you guys think. :down: :up: ??

Antonimo:
Hi Giddy,

I like this app very much; it is a really useful little tool for saving the palettes for various projects that I work on.

When you right-click a colour, I think it would be cool to offer a few copy-to-clipboard options such as HTML colour code, RGB values, etc.
--- End quote ---

I would also find this feature to be very useful, but I particularly wish to express gratitude for the app itself.

giddy:
So finally after all those ages I put this up as Open Source on the MIT license:
http://colours.codeplex.com/

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version