I know there are lots of programs out there for creating and publishing websites without coding. I'm not sure how many of them are idiotproof, affordable, bug-free, and have incredible support from the developer. WebBuilder meets all of these criteria.
I know very little about html or websites, but was able to create a site with no problem at all, using WebBuilder. My wife knows even less, and her site came out very nice as well. Judging from the message traffic on the WebBuilder forum, dozens of other people have had outstanding results. I can't recall seeing a dissatisfied customer.
Pablo, the developer, usually responds to messages within an hour. He's happy to give detailed instructions to help you create the effects you want. If your site doesn't look quite right, he'll visit it and offer suggestions. Pablo will even study your source code to help fix whatever problems you might be having. He'll also tell you when WebBuilder can't do something.
The cost is $29.95 and there's a free trial available. WebBuilder is available here: http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com
For those of you who understand it all, here's a list of the features.
WYSIWYG Web Builder features:
• No HTML knowledge needed!
• Drag and drop objects from the toolbox on the page: Text, Lines, Images, Marquees and Tables.
• Site Management. Easily add, edit, clone and structure your web pages from a single file.
• Customizable menus, toolbars, keyboard accelerators, dockable windows, tabs, autohide windows.
• Form layout object to create forms, including actions, hidden fields etc.
• Supports Form fields: Editbox, TextArea, Checkbox, Radiobutton, Combobox and Button.
• Rich text support: text object can contain different fonts, colors, links and sizes.
• Option to add custom HTML for each object (Before Tag, Inside Tag, After Tag).
• ActiveX, JAVA, Flash, Windows Media player, Quicktime, Real Audio and other Plug-In support.
• Publish your entire web site, a single page or a group of pages (to local drive or a web server)
• Easy Photo Gallery creation.
• Build-in Banner creator.
• Rollover images.
• Customize scrollbar colors for Microsoft Internet Explorer.
• Navigation bars
• Template support. Already more than 100 templates available!
• Support for Cascading Style Sheet positioning (layered layout)
• Insert Symbols (special characters).
• Verify links tool.
• Rotating Image component (useful for Ad Banners).
• Support for third-party add-ons, using the Web Builder Component Developers Kit.
• Import existing HTML pages.
• Hyperlink Style Sheet, to customize the colors/formatting of hyperlinks
• Show optional rulers.
• Page transitions in Page Properties.
• Inline Frame component (IFRAME)
• Go menu: easily create a drop-down navigation menus.
• Menubar: powerful menu script that can mimic complex menus found in popular GUI applications.
• Shape object (rectangles, rounded rectangles and ellipses).
• Embedded OLE component.
• Embedded page object. This allows you to re-use objects from other pages (master page concept)
• Multi-language support. Dutch and English available