ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Comment Explorer 2.5.0.4

<< < (5/17) > >>

MilesAhead:
Comment Explorer 1.7.0.0 Now several files/folders may be selected for commenting.

Press Shift-F11 hotkey to comment selected files/folders.  The InputBox will be displayed in a loop with the base filename of the current item included in the prompt.  Pressing Cancel, Esc, or closing the InputBox without entering a comment will abort the remainder of the commenting loop.

Note that if you select a folder and press Shift-F11, the comment will be for the folder itself.  All items in the folder will not be commented. (A folder containing 400 files, man I'd be too tired to type in all that!) :)

Contro:
Splendid. I try again and again and will comment
 :-*

MilesAhead:
Splendid. I try again and again and will comment
 :-*
-Contro (August 27, 2011, 04:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you.  Feel free to express your preferences.  If I can figure out how to do something in a straight-forward reliable way I'll implement it.

MilesAhead:
Comment Explorer 1.7.5.0 Improved exit routines.

edit: I doubt this would come into play in real-world use.  The exit routine checks a flag to see if the comment file is being worked.  A purge operation perhaps.  The system is shut down or the user logs off.  The exit routine sets a timer to call itself again in one second.  This allows a chance for the file operation to complete.  I suppose it could happen if Comment Explorer was on a slow USB key drive.  But I think you'd still have to enter a hell of a lot of comments before it came into play.

MilesAhead:
Comment Explorer 1.7.6.0 Minor improvements. Notification when comment file back up succeeds, fails, or comment file doesn't exist.

I'm still mulling over the easiest way to implement and use Copy File(s) with Comment(s). If anyone has any ideas feel free to post.  The drag & drop built into Windows requires a shell extension.  Been there, done that with TipOff.  The Hotkey approach has the advantage of using the clipboard.

For example I could add a Hotkey to copy selected files and add entries to the comment file for the new location.  Perhaps Control-F11.  It could show  BrowseForFolder Dialog or another approach.  BrowseForFolder isn't so bad as long as it has the input line at the bottom.  That way instead of clicking down the tree the target path can be pasted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version