ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Comment Explorer 2.5.0.4

<< < (3/17) > >>

Contro:
ejem. Shift-F11 . Solved. I supposed my system have Scripting.Dictionary already installed.
But I can't see the comment.
I have spanish version xp pro sp3.

Contro:
Ejem.
Up and down arrows seems not go well. I see my first comment everywhere when I use the arrows.
Perhaps I am not explaining well, but I am ready to put screenshots to show my problem.

MilesAhead:
Try using Explorer Details View.

The comment should appear near the mouse cursor and time out after 4 seconds. I find it easier to move the mouse to the caption bar. If the mouse cursor is over a file name, then Windows will show a tool tip on its own. Then it gets confusing.

If you have a 32 bit Windows you may want to use TipOff instead:

http://www.favessoft.com/tipoff.html

TipOff will run on a 64 bit machine if you use a 32 bit file manager such as FreeCommander.

The comment files are not interchangeable. TipOff uses a file in each folder where you make a comment using just the file name as key. CommentExplorer uses one data file for the whole system and uses the complete path as key (e.g. "c:\downloads\myfile.zip" instead of just "myfile.zip")  The drive letter thing is a royal pita. :)

MilesAhead:
I had the file name show as ToolTip near the mouse cursor in the beginning so that I could get feedback. It's time to only show the ToolTip when there's a comment.  Also instead of showing the ToolTip at the mouse cursor I'll likely anchor it to some part of the active window frame.

I agree it's a bit confusing as it is now.
Thanks for trying it out. I'll try to make it more usable. :)

MilesAhead:
Comment Explorer 1.4.0.0 Now it only shows the ToolTip when a Comment is available.  The ToolTip shows near the top left corner of the active window.  That should get it out of conflict with Windows ToolTips that show when you hover the mouse.

The ToolTip disappears when you hit the Up or Down key.  It times out in 5 seconds otherwise.
Here's a screen shot:

The next modification will likely be time out adjustment via .ini file setting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version