ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Comment Explorer 2.5.0.4

<< < (16/17) > >>

MilesAhead:
Can I change hotkey combination?
-abazh (October 14, 2015, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sure.  The source is included.
Use AutoHotkey from here
to compile.

AzureToad:
Having problems getting the Add Comments function to fire off. I tried shift+F11, nothing happened. I changed the trigger to shift+F12, again no prompt to add a comment. Ctrl+F11 (and now Ctrl+F12) both prompt me for a destination folder to copy to, but for whatever reason I can't seem to add any comments!

Got any suggestions?

MilesAhead:
You have a file selected in File Explorer when hitting the hotkey?

It uses this group:
GroupAdd,ExplorerGroup, ahk_class CabinetWClass
GroupAdd,ExplorerGroup, ahk_class ExploreWClass

with #IfWinActive ahk_group ExplorerGroup

If the active window is anything else, like a third party file manager, the hotkey will not be active.
As a test I would try one that does not use the function keys.  Maybe change it to Control Shift z or something, just to see if that gets a reaction.  Maybe something else is using Shift F11 already.

AzureToad:
Well poo.  It was the hotkey combo. That's so frustrating - I tested it before and got no reaction, checked assignments using Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (might be an old version...) and couldn't find any reason why F11 NOR F12 would work.
I changed it to Ctrl+Shift+M and it worked perfectly.
I've since reassigned it to Shift+F10 and Ctrl+F10 and those both seem to work.

Thanks again, sir!

MilesAhead:
Well poo.  It was the hotkey combo. That's so frustrating - I tested it before and got no reaction, checked assignments using Ethervane ActiveHotkeys (might be an old version...) and couldn't find any reason why F11 NOR F12 would work.
I changed it to Ctrl+Shift+M and it worked perfectly.
I've since reassigned it to Shift+F10 and Ctrl+F10 and those both seem to work.

Thanks again, sir!
-AzureToad (January 27, 2016, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

You are most welcome.  Some of my utilities I put in code to allow changing the hotkey via tray icon menu.  But it gets messy handling bail-outs, blanks, the same hotkey is put in as was in effect already etc..  Kind of spaghetti code.

Anyway, glad the program is working for you.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version