topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:40 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Paragon Rescue Kit 11 PRO ÷70%  (Read 5679 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Paragon Rescue Kit 11 PRO ÷70%
« on: August 27, 2011, 03:23 AM »
For the "next" 22½ hours:

Update alert: the current build of Rescue Kit 11 Professional now supports AFD, 2TB+ disks, non-512B sector size disks, and even USB 3.0 devices!

Paragon Rescue Kit 11 Professional - Cure Boot Problems and Retrieve Your Data
Normal price: $100
Today only: $30

http://www.bitsdujou...-kit-11-professional

Edited: It seems to be a 1-year Technician License, rather than a "normal" pc-user license.

Paragon Rescue Kit 11 Professional is your ultimate solution to curing the majority of boot problems, enabling you to instantly retrieve your data. It supports all popular file systems and the recovery CD allows you to boot into the native Operating System that was installed before your PC crashed. Once you're in, you can retrieve all of your critical data and either save it to a different hard disk or partition or burn it to optical media. Postmortem functionality even lets you backup and restore data AFTER a crash. How easy does that sound?

Even as fantastic as recovery CD may be, Paragon Rescue Kit 11 Professional doesn't just abandon your old system -- far from it. With the Boot Corrector feature, Paragon Rescue Kit 11 Professional will be able to resolve the majority of Windows boot problems and have you back in business in no time! Registry errors - done! Corrupt MBR - done! You can even use Paragon Rescue Kit 11 Professional to undelete partitions that you've accidentally blown away!

http://www.bitsdujou...-kit-11-professional
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:35 AM by Curt »

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Paragon Rescue Kit 11 PRO ÷70%
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 10:28 AM »
I have purchased a copy.

If you are interested you get:

CD builder applications for both WinPE and Linux versions which will burn CDs or create ISO files.

The Linux version has some utilites that aren't on the WinPE version - ironically resetting Windows passwords only appears on the Linux CD!

You also get 12 months of updates/upgrades included

The license is to use the product for 12 months on any number of desktop machines and up to 10 servers and covers just about all current Windows versions.

After the 12 months the license allows you to use the product on a single PC.

Not sure how the license is enforced - given that it is a bootable CD how does it know how many machines you boot from - esp. if there is no internet connection?

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 01:11 PM »
As far as I could tell, having had it a while, there is no enforcement. Not that I used it on more than 5 or 6 machines. Paragon works mostly on honesty, it seems. I have installed and reinstalled some of their other tools and never had any block or query.

When the new version came out I automatically received an email and a new code for the new version since i was in my 12 month updates period. Didn't have to ask or go on the site to get it or anything

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 03:15 PM »
I am not sure what this rescue kit really is. Is there any way that I can use this to enter my old XP? It can only boot into a blue screen, and it has apparently no free space - a 'repair' installation CD was rejected due to lack of space.
 :tellme:

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 05:07 PM »
In theory you should be able to recover the old setup to a larger drive/partition or even to a different machine with different hardware.