ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

GOD IS DEAD~! =P

(1/4) > >>

Renegade:
GOD IS DEAD! GOD IS DEAD!

Ok, well, enough with allusions to The Gay Science. It just was begging for it:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-20096954-52/with-jobs-leaving-apples-fans-grapple-with-their-faith/

Apple announced Wednesday that CEO Steve Jobs is stepping down. With the news, many Apple fans are questioning the future of the company, while others feel it will be better than ever.

--- End quote ---

Edvard:
Hmmm... not dead yet, but perhaps a trifle pale and gaunt...  :huh:

Sort of expected really, he's had some serious health problems lately, making him not-so-immortal, which kind of disqualifies him as a god.
However, in the spirit of Buddha's shadow and Uncle Walt, he'd do good to have a Pixar representation of himself trotted out from time to time announcing something "magical", "amazing", or "beautiful" wrought at the hands of his design-school understudies.

Maybe.

zridling:
Never idolized Jobs. His sole ambition seems to have been to be as big a bully as Microsoft ever was in its heyday. He succeeded at that. Never bought any of his gadgets or computers because I didn't need their closed systems nor could I ever afford them over the last three decades. I'm thinking he'll come roaring back as soon as the stock price drops a few hundred points.

mahesh2k:
Finally his resignation will surely help linux desktop as apple is likely to lag on some projects where jobs personally keeps tab. I'm sure he found someone worthy for his company. Trouble with fanboi (or faith mindset) is that before death, they try to create thousands like them. They think this is necessary and good for their tribe. Jobs may not be well but there are many designers and developers inspired by apples simplicity (ehm, including one-button stuff). Jobs and gates both are indirectly involved into their own properties and still they're steering things in the market.

40hz:
<orchestra plays softly>

Don't cry for me Cupertino
The truth is I never left you
All through my wild days
My mad existence
I kept my promise
Don't keep your distance

Have I said to much?
There's nothing more I can think of to say to you
But all you have to do
Is look at me to know