ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Share your mouse and keyboard with multiple Mac or Windows computers

<< < (3/10) > >>

jgpaiva:
Apparently a Microsoft employee thought he needed to create his own app similar to this, so there's another interesting alternative: mouse without borders. It seems to have a few interesting ideas.

bmms:
Yes, we found this too, with our great surprise as you can imagine. Interestingly, this software is limited to personal use. I wonder if Microsoft wants to come up with a paid version.

ShareMouse does everything what "Mouse without Borders" offers (including Drag & Drop of files):

ShareMouse Advantages:

* Cross-platform operation between Mac OSX & Windows computers.
* Drag & Drop of multiple files.
* You can drag the files to any target location, not just to the desktop.
* ShareMouse doesn't leave an obselete auxiliary folder for each drag & drop operation like "Mouse without Borders".
* A progress bar keeps you informed about the current file transfer status.
* Accidental file transmissions can be cancelled at any time.
* Support of an unlimited number of computers and monitors.
* Uncompromized multi-monitor support.
* Seamlesss Monitor positioning including vertical/horizontal shifts.
* No monitor positioning, IP or port configuration required.
* License for commercial use available.
More information here...

Download of the latest ShareMouse beta (including File Drag & Drop)

40hz:
Yes, we found this too, with our great surprise as you can imagine. Interestingly, this software is limited to personal use. I wonder if Microsoft wants to come up with a paid version.
-BartelsMedia (September 22, 2011, 08:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from reading your FAQ it seems a license is always required for use of your product -  including strictly personal use?

I don't have a problem with that. (Although it would have been better to state that right up front, as jgpaiva suggested earlier, if that is the case.) But I like to be clear on licensing terms since I do (in my naiveté) honor them.  :)

bmms:
ShareMouse is currently beta and not officially available for sale.

We have not determined any license strategy so far. It may be free for personal use, it may be commercial only. Nothing has been decided yet. Sorry for that but we still need time for consideration.

I just wondered why "Mouse without Borders" has no commercial license at all. I wonder about Microsoft's strategy here.

40hz:
^Understood. Thanks for the quick reply.  :)

I just wondered why "Mouse without Borders" has no commercial license at all. I wonder about Microsoft's strategy here.
-BartelsMedia (September 22, 2011, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

It might be as simple as they haven't found a way to get it to work with Metro.  ;D

More seriously, I'm guessing they'll just wrap it into Windows (or Intellipoint) if there's sufficient interest. And provided it doesn't create support issues for them. Otherwise it will likely end up as yet another unsupported Power Toy for download.

I'm sure they're not particularly wild about this sort of utility because of potential security issues allowing hooks into the keyboard or mouse can expose you to. Hard to distinguish a legitimate utility from a keylogger in that environment.

And they do have Remote Desktop already so...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version