ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

U.S. East coast quake - Everybody OK?

<< < (3/4) > >>

wraith808:
In VA.  Work is about 30 mi from epicenter; house  about half that. A bit of shaking, but no damage; precarious things were still perched as normal the only evidence was my sons Lego minifigs were overturned. Aftershocks last nit and this morning; again, nothing major.

40hz:
In southwestern Connecticut about 46.5 miles (75km) away from NYC and roughly 330 miles from the epicenter.

All is calm. All is bright.  :)

A little tremor. Definitely enough to notice, but nothing damaged as far as this morning's news has reported. Yay!

CWuestefeld:
China rattling?
-Edvard (August 24, 2011, 11:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Spoke to father-in-law in China, he says that nothing rattled there.  :huh:

As it happens, a colleague here in NJ was on a conference call to Toronto. They felt the quake a short time after we did, it was interesting to note the time delay.

JavaJones:
Hopefully it doesn't sound callous to say, particularly to those who *have* experienced damage - much less loss of life - from earthquakes, but: I kind of enjoy them! I say this as a West Coaster though. Maybe having grown up with them all my life has made me used to them so I can experience them with a proper mix of fear and excitement. Think about it: if you knew there would be no damage or loss of life, the whole Earth shaking would be a pretty exciting and novel experience!

That being said, I'm glad everyone is OK. FSM knows we've had plenty of deadly and tragic earthquakes in recent years.

- Oshyan

40hz:
I kind of enjoy them!
-JavaJones (August 24, 2011, 01:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

My GF gets off on violent thunderstorms and major blizzards.

You two really need to get together!  :-\

;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version