ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Dr. Explain Help Editor

(1/2) > >>

PaulSmith:
Working for NASA, I have produced a bespoke Access Database for environmental issues on various sites here in Houston.  It has been developed over the past year and is quite comprehensive.  As a result we needed a help file to support our users.  This was an add on and not required so therefore could not be officially funded by NASA. I don't mind funding it's purchase myself but obviously I don't want a heavy weight package costing a fortune.  On the other hand I also don't want a Mickey Mouse freebie package either.  I found the Dr Explain system available which seemed perfect for our needs.  Professional and feature rich without costing a fortune. I have started to put together our help file now and have found nothing at all to criticize.   :up:

Renegade:
Paul, did you try out Help & Manual? I'm curious as to why you chose Dr. Explain. (I use H&M.)

Mark Uildriks:
An alternative help authoring tool specifically for MS Access is Help Generator for MS Access. It scans your Access application and creates topic pages including images for forms and reports automatically and sets up the complete help project with everything in place, automatically linked to the forms and report of your database.

jgpaiva:
Mark Uildriks: I assume (from a quick google search) that you are the author of the software you mentioned. While you are free to mention your software here at DC, we also ask that you clearly state you are affiliated with it when you do so.

cognitive:
Mark Uildriks: I assume (from a quick google search) that you are the author of the software you mentioned. While you are free to mention your software here at DC, we also ask that you clearly state you are affiliated with it when you do so.
-jgpaiva (August 24, 2011, 09:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm the author of this software and I'm not affiliated with original poster.

Here is a dedicated thread devoted to Dr.Explain software: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=22197.0
Here is a mini-review of Dr.Explain by tinjaw: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=8933.0

There is no need for me start another thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version