ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cnet's Download.com and the installer scam

<< < (28/36) > >>

nosh:
Softpedia still provides a clean mirror for downloads at this time.
-app103 (September 25, 2011, 04:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 for Softpedia. I've favored them for a while now. They seem to have the most up-to-date changelogs too.

I've stopped downloading from Cnet. Ended up there a couple of times anyway because the download links from some authors' sites take you there. I'd rather they hosted their files with more respectable services... (Rapidshare or Hotfile.)  :)

skwire:
They also recently sent out a survey to all vendors, asking their opinions on this toolbar bundle. The one thing that was clear was that they have no plans to remove it completely.-db90h (September 27, 2011, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I received this email survey and sent back a rather scathing reply.

db90h:
They also recently sent out a survey to all vendors, asking their opinions on this toolbar bundle. The one thing that was clear was that they have no plans to remove it completely.-db90h (September 27, 2011, 12:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I received this email survey and sent back a rather scathing reply.
-skwire (September 27, 2011, 08:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Me too. Did you notice how they clearly had no intent of removing the bundle, but instead were trying to find out ways to keep it?

skwire:
Me too. Did you notice how they clearly had no intent of removing the bundle, but instead were trying to find out ways to keep it?-db90h (September 27, 2011, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep.  That email was what should have been sent out to everybody, as a courtesy, before they went ahead and wrapped everything without consent.  FWIW, I didn't receive any sort of reply after I sent my scathing one.   :)

db90h:
Me neither, I don't think they intended to reply to us though ;p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version