ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cnet's Download.com and the installer scam

<< < (21/36) > >>

db90h:
BTW, as I keep trying to tell people (though nobody listens) --- CONSUMERS have the power to force companies to act ethically by simply choosing who they do business with. The power is in YOUR hands. So, if you don't like what company X is doing... well, don't do business with company X. That is the only way to get the upper management to listen, as they are only thinking about fiscal concerns - at least in *most* cases, especially publicly traded companies. The more you make ethical concerns fiscal, the better they behave.

vlastimil:
I emailed Seth after reading his post (after getting no response to my previous email sent to [email protected] few days ago) and success! My programs are not using the installer anymore.  :-*

My thanks go to Seth for showing that even big organizations have people, who really care; to mouser for making donationcoder the place, where good things happen; and to everyone else, who did their bit.

Jibz:
+1 to mouser and db90h's comments :up:

db90h:
+1 to mouser and db90h's comments :up:
-Jibz (August 27, 2011, 02:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, though I wish I'd have stopped at my first comment, or just appended to it.. but couldn't delete that second posting after I made it. I get used to replying a second time on my own forum, instead of editing, to let people know new text is there. Sorry about that mouser, didn't mean to add bloat on my tangent about CONSUMERISM (look it up).

Previous page's post was complimenting Seth, as we all have. Great person, with integrity.

db90h:
I emailed Seth after reading his post (after getting no response to my previous email sent to [email protected] few days ago) and success! My programs are not using the installer anymore.  :-*

My thanks go to Seth for showing that even big organizations have people, who really care; to mouser for making donationcoder the place, where good things happen; and to everyone else, who did their bit.
-vlastimil (August 27, 2011, 01:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I got a response from them the same day... they may have missed your email. I also emailed Seth, but just to say Thanks. He also responded. It is sad though that a 'random' employee had to take it upon himself to do PR for a large corporation.. sigh. That should be someone's job. Whoever is in charge of PR is failing miserably.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version