ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"good" LCD monitors - what are their type

<< < (4/6) > >>

nudone:
Okay, found this review with alarming statements further down: Dell use different types of screen whilst claiming it is the same model number - which it obviously is not.

http://reviews.cnet.com/lcd-monitors/dell-ultrasharp-2007fp/4505-3174_7-31783700.html

Other than that the review states that the 2007FP will do portrait mode. I think I will sleep on it and probably buy a couple in the morning. I'll sell the monitors they are going to replace so even if the 2007s aren't s-ips i won't be any worse off.

Carol Haynes:
Haven't you noticed - Dell don't actually make anything. They assemble computers but apart from that everything else is just rebadged stuff from other manufacturers.

tomos:
Tomos, does your monitor allow for portrait mode?-nudone (August 21, 2011, 05:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, it's easy to use - but I dont actually use it.
What I also like about it is the 16:10 ratio, I think others monitors from Dell also use this format.
Review summary:
http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/review/2009/review-dell-2209wa-part15.html#Conclusion

Cant comment specifically on other models...

Ath:
Today I saw an announcement from Iiyama on a 24" and 27" full-hd (1920x1080) monitor that support portrait mode, and by using VA panels, claim a viewing angle of 178 degrees. The specs seem to be available from the Japanese site only, and I found this link to a Japanese language pdf :huh:

nudone:
I've gone for the dell 2007fp as this is the screen size and ratio I'm after; the viewing angles when in portrait mode are something I'm taking a gamble on. I shall order a second identical monitor after I've used this one - or not if I'm very disappointed with it.

Thanks to everyone in this thread that helped me decide what to get. I'll post what the screen is like when it arrives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version