ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

"The Fourth Reich: Facebook's Like button banned in Germany"

<< < (5/5)

Lashiec:
Aren't they tracking you everywhere already? Or so it's suggested by this researcher. No wonder you can block all the social media crap hanging around websites. And the loading speed improvements are nice.

J-Mac:
Aren't they tracking you everywhere already? Or so it's suggested by this researcher. No wonder you can block all the social media crap hanging around websites. And the loading speed improvements are nice.
-Lashiec (August 30, 2011, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Lashiec! I was looking all over for that link (or one just like it I had read) but didn't find it before I posted. So how do you mean "block all the social media crap"? I have Facebook Blocker on Firefox but haven't found any such help on Google Chrome. Ad Muncher's Jeff doesn’t offer a way to block the Facebook junk. When I asked him on their forum he basically asked what web site - he will only respond to requests about individual pages, which is crazy and IMO useless.

Thanks!

Jim

Lashiec:
Adblock Plus has at least two subscriptions that block pretty much everything: Facebook "Like" buttons, tweet counts, Reddit rank... The main list is the appropriately named Antisocial, which works with any other list, and if you're using Fanboy's adblocking list, he also provides a supplement called Fanboy's Annoyances, that strips anything deemed annoying from webpages, including social buttons. They probably work with Chrome's Adblock Plus as well.

That said, Antisocial, which is the one I use, is a list of recent creation and as such, it is not well tested, so you might encounter many false positives around the web. If some page appears broken, well, Antisocial might be the main suspect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version