ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

language learning software

<< < (2/2)

cyberdiva:
Frankly, I've never found any reviews of language-learning programs really useful (in my case, I was interested only in programs for learning Spanish).  So much depends on what level of proficiency you're at, whether you're interested primarily in written or oral proficiency, how you like to learn (visually, orally, etc.), how much time you're able to devote, how much money you're willing to spend, etc. etc. etc.  The reviews I've seen don't deal adequately with these differences.  Renegade mentioned Rosetta Stone.  I imagine that some people find it useful, but I tried it for free via my public library and hated it.  I didn't like the visual style, and I found it insufficiently challenging.  Several other people have expressed similar dissatisfaction with it on a forum that I read.  But most comparative "reviews" of Spanish-learning programs recommend RS highly--perhaps the writers were given "incentives" by RS?  I don't know.  

I've tried a number of programs dedicated to teaching Spanish, and I've liked relatively few.  The one I like best is called Learning Spanish Like Crazy, which now has three levels.  But though it worked very well for me, I know other people who didn't care for it.  I've seen it mentioned in some comparative discussions, but I didn't find any of those discussions useful.  

Buena suerte, kalos.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version