ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Windows management script

(1/7) > >>

tomos:
prompted by Skwires offer
I was hoping one of them would support Right-click on window titlebar to close.-tomos (August 15, 2011, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

This functionality is very easy to accomplish with a bit of AHK script.  Did you need something like that or do you currently use a different application for this functionality?
-skwire (August 16, 2011, 01:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm now going to ask for an arm and a leg :D
I used have the majority of these running under PowerPro but haven't installed it in new Win 7 machine (& dont want to try).

Windows management (and closing OS) with suggested keys

Minimise active windowCtrl+Alt+F10 [AltGr key]"Normalise" active windowCtrl+Alt+F11 [AltGr key]Maximise active windowCtrl+Alt+F12 [AltGr key]Minimise all windows except currentCtrl+Alt+F9 [AltGr key]Close active window:Right-click titlebarCtrl+QOS related: (see note below)Shutdown WindowsWin+QSleep WindowsWin+S (?)Hibernate WindowsWin+H
With windows shutdown, opening the options would be just as good (like you get with Alt+F4).

I'm usually able to edit a script to change shortcuts but never did get beyond that stage :-[
I did find this list of AHK scripts
http://www.autohotkey.com/wiki/index.php?title=Script_Listing#Window_Manipulation
but couldnt find what I wanted (no, I didnt follow all links :-\)

justice:
This is a start. Untested code follows:

--- Code: Autohotkey ---#NoEnvSendMode InputSetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%<^>!^F10::WinMinimize, A<^>!^F11::WinRestore, A<^>!^F12::WinMaximize, A^Q::WinClose, A#Q::Run,shutdown -s -t 5#H::Run,rundll32 powrprof.dll`,SetSuspendState HibernateCan't find a working command for sleep. Also, note I have an AltGR key instead of a right alt key. Not sure if this makes a difference, but AutoHotkey help seems to think it's important to make the distinction.

tomos:
Also, note I have an AltGR key instead of a right alt key. Not sure if this makes a difference, but AutoHotkey help seems to think it's important to make the distinction.
-justice (August 17, 2011, 07:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

that exactly what I meant to say - it's AltGr here too :-[
Thanks Justice will try it out

justice:
If you can find out a windows 7 commandline sleep command that will help, there is a lot of discussion but I found no answers, apart from using a third party tool. Maybe someone else can bolt on right click title bar for you.

Few pointers:
To do the Minimize other windows you have to WinGet the pid of the active window,  then WinMinimizeAll, then WinRestore the current window. If you don't like that your current window minimizes then restores when you do this, you could Loop all visible windows and minimize all except the active one - however I've never been able to write code to list all current windows. Instead I had to log all windows as they became active, which means this route won't minimize windows that have not been active since the script started.

justice:
Also you can find better shutdown / hibernate code here, than what I used (just found out):
http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/Shutdown.htm

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version