ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Windows management script

<< < (4/7) > >>

justice:
Change the shutdown line to:
#Q::Shutdown, 8
--- End quote ---
That will definitely work because I lifted it straight from the AHK help file :D

tomos:
Change the shutdown line to:
#Q::Shutdown, 8
--- End quote ---
That will definitely work because I lifted it straight from the AHK help file :D
-justice (August 18, 2011, 03:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, the last one actually worked too - I had forgotten that I'd commented it out :-[
But it works scarily good :tellme: - everything gets killed, no questions asked (so far).
Anyone know if it's possible to bring up the shutdown dialogue? That would feel safer....

justice:
change
#Q::Run,shutdown -s -t 5
--- End quote ---

to
#Q::
{
Run,shutdown -s -t 30
Msgbox, 1,,Computer is shutting down in 30 seconds. Press cancel to abort.,30
IfMsgBox, Cancel
  Run,shutdown -a
}
--- End quote ---

Stoic Joker:
Why not just have the key combination bring up a system modal dialog with shutdown, reboot, sleep, and cancel options? Sure it's an extra click, but it'll cleanly bypass the oh shit factor.

tomos:
Why not just have the key combination bring up a system modal dialog with shutdown, reboot, sleep, and cancel options? Sure it's an extra click, but it'll cleanly bypass the oh shit factor.
-Stoic Joker (August 18, 2011, 06:37 AM)
--- End quote ---
if it's possible,
that would be best option I think, also with having all the choices at hand.

@justice - the last change works, but not very well - the cancel option is hidden behind the message that it will close in 30 seconds.
One of the previous versions also said it would close in 30 secs, but closed after literally a couple of seconds, so I'm a bit wary of it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version