ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Firefox fixes the version number problem

<< < (6/10) > >>

Renegade:
And not one bad remark about Opera...need I say more?-Stephen66515 (August 19, 2011, 06:22 PM)
--- End quote ---
Probably because most of us stopped caring about that years ago? :)
-f0dder (August 21, 2011, 08:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think many rather than most would be more correct.

Lately, I find myself using Opera more and more.  Especially when frequenting forums.  :Thmbsup:
-40hz (August 21, 2011, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

Though lately I've been using Opera and Chrome a lot. (I'm using Chrome for Travian. I don't like games in my main browser.)

CaptainDDL:
I wouldn't mind the automatic updates to be honest, if they could somehow prevent extensions from breaking constantly.

I like how Chrome does updates...seamlessly in the background, nary a complaint. All extensions work normally, no user interaction required past opening the browser.

cgl:
The single number is OK. Automatic updates are a pain. I depend on Roboform Everywhere for my desktop and laptop. I*f Firefox updates automatically without Roboform update I am lost. Gary

Deozaan:
I like how Chrome does updates...seamlessly in the background, nary a complaint. All extensions work normally, no user interaction required past opening the browser.
-CaptainDDL (August 21, 2011, 09:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I love Chrome and I use it for just about everything, but I do have one complaint with the automatic updates:

When Chrome auto-updates itself or possibly some extensions, it will also automatically restart itself. This usually isn't very intrusive as the only indication of this happening is that all of your tabs will appear to refresh themselves. But having a tab refresh itself can cause problems if you're preloading/buffering a large video or typing a long message in a forum or e-mail.

In these scenarios, an unexpected refresh can cause you to lose your message that took you hours to type up or make you have to restart the buffering of the video, which might have also taken hours to pre-load on slower connections.

That is a very bad implementation of what is IMO an otherwise great feature.

Stoic Joker:
That is a very bad implementation of what is IMO an otherwise great feature.-Deozaan (August 22, 2011, 09:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Indeed. From you description it brings to mind the rule of least astonishment - which to me it clearly violates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version