Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 21, 2014, 12:27:49 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: OLD - Unfinished Web project: YUMPS  (Read 19987 times)
Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2013, 04:12:42 PM »

Mouser, What is the current status of this project? Is there a public version that can be played with or viewed?

Strength in Knowledge
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2013, 09:18:42 AM »

I haven't done much work on YUMPS in a while, but I'm trying to get myself worked up to make another run at it.. Scary thing is i'm thinking about starting from scratch and spending a little more time on up-front design, and doing so in a language-neutral way.

I could release the existing YUMPS code but i'm not sure what good that would do anyone..
40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2013, 10:23:43 AM »

^Don't know if it's still as true, but back when I was doing some coding, I was told "Always write it twice - then throw the first version out. Because you're gonna do it anyway."

The guy that taught the course (a crusty old IBM 'Lifer' if there ever was one) said the first version of most code seldom does more show you how you should have written it.

Grin Cool

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2013, 10:30:54 AM »

Exactly: Plan to throw one away.
40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2013, 10:57:35 AM »

^That's where that came from. Haven't reread MMM in ages. Maybe it's time I do?

Also thx for that link - that entire wiki is hysterical. Grin Grin Grin

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2013, 11:33:50 AM »

I could release the existing YUMPS code but i'm not sure what good that would do anyone..

Sometimes projects are like children. They shouldn't be released into the world until you have lived with them for at least 18 years.  tongue

Josh
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2013, 11:34:26 AM »

Sometimes projects are like children. They shouldn't be released into the world until you have lived with them for at least 18 years.  tongue

Careful app, with encouragement like that, YUMPS may never see the light of day ;-)

Strength in Knowledge
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.034s | Server load: 0.05 ]