ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > MEWLO Web Framework

OLD - Unfinished Web project: YUMPS

<< < (11/17) > >>

superboyac:
Awesome.

The idea of YUMPS is to have a really robust and fantastic, programmer-friendly foundation for creating custom web services, social sites, etc.  So that if one had an idea for a new kind of project along the lines of facebook, etsy (anything with user accounts!) -- you would be able to get that off the ground and coded in a fraction of the time it would take to code it from scratch, and with a fraction of the maintenance and extensibility hassles (and a much more robust feature set) than you would have if you started with one of the existing codebases (whether that be a cms codebase like Drupal, or a lower level programming framework).

A good potential source of funding might be someone with a specific custom web service/site project in mind (or two or three), that was interested in having me create both the generic YUMPS system, and at the same time implementing their specific needs as the showcase site.
-mouser (March 12, 2012, 10:16 AM)
--- End quote ---
Cool.  I have a couple of entrepreneur friends here, I'll see what they think.  I also was introduced to the venture capitalist system here a couple of months ago, and they made it sound easier than I was imagining, so I was going to check that out also.

mouser:
I'd also be really interested in anyone doing academic work who might be interested in getting a grant to build a larger web site that used yumps as its core.

superboyac:
I'd also be really interested in anyone doing academic work who might be interested in getting a grant to build a larger web site that used yumps as its core.
-mouser (March 13, 2012, 01:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Any suggestions on what the website could be "about"?  it would be cool if it could be something that can provide opportunities to programmers, mixed with good looking content, forum.  Kind of like here, but more interactive as far as projects go.

mouser:
Well there are a few websites that i already planned to work on as first testbeds for yumps, and it just so happens that one of them is a complete revamping of the Self-Teaching Programming School, which is on the dc forum system now, and actually existed before DonationCoder.

cranioscopical:
and actually existed before DonationCoder.
-mouser (March 13, 2012, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've long thought that the period bc was primitive... but bdc must have been the dark ages  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version