ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > MEWLO Web Framework

OLD - Unfinished Web project: YUMPS

<< < (7/17) > >>

mouser:
Good ideas Perry -- those are the kinds of things i'm planning on focusing on.

Those of us who help keep the DC forums clean of spammers have gained some valuable experience in terms of dealing with bad actors.  This has led to a bunch of modifications I've made to the SMF forum code to help detect, alert on, and then eliminate spammers -- stuff i will definitely be putting into yumps.  It's clear that one needs a combination of automatic mechanisms for catching spammers but also tools to help moderators detect and track suspicious activity.

mouser:
Might be useful to link to other similar projects in the wild.

One promissing one that is not yet released but in active development by the people who wrote the SMF forum, is smCore.

mouser:
Following up on my focus on making this a very robust *core* for user/group stuff, I've spent the last week putting in place a system if "bridged" logins.

This means users will be able to login to a yumps site using openid/facebook/twitter/etc, with very robust support for managing their linked/bridged logins (creating multiple ways to login, removing them, optionally requiring additional security like local password), and automatically creating local accounts from the bridged logins, so that the entire process is transparent to the rest of the site -- including all the normal operations for validating/approving accounts, etc.

In other words, if you build a site using yumps -- your users should be able to create accounts and login normally, or using a wide variety of 3rd party sites, and it should happen totally transparently to you as the site coder.  Yumps will also be a host (via something like OpenId) for providing such authorization of yumps accounts to other sites.

Perry Mowbray:
In other words, if you build a site using yumps
-mouser (March 01, 2012, 04:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Which I'm very much looking forward to starting...

mouser:
I've also decided to open source yumps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version