ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > MEWLO Web Framework

OLD - Unfinished Web project: YUMPS

<< < (6/17) > >>

mouser:
Just a note that after some serious neglect I am back working on YUMPS currently.

It's a bit daunting how much work there is to do.. I can't help but wonder if I am trying to climb too big a mountain here, but I'll keep climbing for now and see if I can get far enough to make it useful and let it survive as an Open Source project.

mouser:
I'd love to make contact with people who are administering different CMS/forum systems with reasonably large user bases.

I'm interested in hearing about about the kinds of features you use in those systems -- or even better, wish you had available to you -- to manage and track good users and troublemakers.

The whole point of YUMPS is to be the ultimate foundation for sites that manage users, so I'm really interested in providing functionality that would assist in working with large userbases.

mahesh2k:
Check out http://coursera.org  That site is hosting some of the open courses from popular university. I think CMS like that could be improved on user interaction and test/quiz level. It is not much interactive as of now. Just letting you know so that you can find something interesting in it.

mouser:
I'm not really interested in complete websites/systems at this point -- i'm much more narrowly focused on the task of user management, and what kinds of faculties are useful for managing a large volume of good and bad users.

Perry Mowbray:
If I ever finish with the mountains of photos and blog posts from my last walk I have a yii project that I've been wanting to work on with my youngest son, that although not cms or forum, will involve a significant amount of user action / interaction.  From the first announcement I've been very keen to use this module.

One of the most important things, in my mind, is that the module can self-regulate in some way:  

* Definable scoring for users that can be used in other areas (eg permissions).  eg:  If there was some sort of moderation in place for new entries, then a rule that allows unmoderated entries when successful entries >= 5.
* This may involve users being voted up or down, that may impact (eventually) on some of their permissions, or flag them for some sort of administration task.  
* Users being able to form themselves into groups and have some level of control over what members are allowed to do.
* Users have full control over their information and what is displayed / used.
* Multiple and easy registration methods for users
And I guess if it didn't come with it "in the box", having the ability to extend the module is important.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version