Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 25, 2014, 06:19:00 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2012! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: 40% off on Notezilla Sticky Notes Program only on 17th August  (Read 3695 times)
conceptworld

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 14, 2011, 11:34:44 AM »

Hello All,

Notezilla sticky notes program will be offered at 40% discount only on Wednesday 17th August 2011 on BitsDuJour website.

Link is here: http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/notezilla

Thanks. Don't miss it!

Regards,
Gautam Jain
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 01:44:05 PM »

wow, you cant look at BitsDuJour offers unless you give your email...

Tom
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 04:44:07 PM »

wow, you cant look at BitsDuJour offers unless you give your email...
Wow. So it does! That's interesting.
However, you might be interested to note that each day's post on Bdj it shows up nice and clear in Google reader, and you can go straight from the reader view for a post to the download page, bypassing the email nag screen

I had already become seriously irritated by the nagging pop-up of Giveawayoftheday.com every time I went to read about a new post from it via my Google reader and had deleted the site from my subscriptions, but this moronic stupidity of BitsDuJour literally just takes my breath away. It's a definite marketing fail or "own goal" to deliberately block customers from accessing the special deal unless they allow their email address to be collected for spamming.

Well, never mind, that's one more website I shall probably never bother to look at again. It's so easy to delete a subscription from Google reader.
I already filter my reading list using Google reader, but when a website filters itself out from your reading list like that, it merely expedites things by saving you the trouble of thinking about doing it.
It also prejudices me mightily against the software that employs strong-arm tactics in its promotion.
Which, in this case, is a pity. I had just been systematically retrialling and reviewing a bunch of Sticky-Note type tools and PIMs - including Notezilla in particular - and was thinking that I might wait until the next discounted release of Notezilla and then buy it.

Not now though!
I shall stick with my trusty Stickies, which I find hard to beat.
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 04:52:58 PM »

When it asks for your email, hit 'Skip' below the entry box  smiley

Chris
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 06:23:19 PM »

And Notezilla is definitely worth it. smiley

conceptworld

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 01:24:12 AM »

Thanks @wraith808

Thanks everybody smiley
IainB
Supporting Member

Slartibartfarst

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 01:46:14 AM »

Looks like the Bdj page has been hurriedly modified to remove the clever (NOT) email address "block" popup.     cheesy
"Why are we all so stupid?" (quote W Edwards Deming).

By the way, I could be wrong, of course, but the version of Notezilla for sale is v7 and it appears to be the same  (v7.0.0.85 date 2008-11-11) as I recently trialled and which I also trialled in 2008/9.
Looks like development may have stopped. (?)

If that is the case, then the next version might be interesting and worth waiting for, but I would not recommend that anyone spend their cognitive surplus on this v7.

Mind you elsewhere on DC forum, Notezilla seems to enjoy a good rep., and there's this:
Old 3M Post-it notes was much lighter, compatible with older OS's, had ability to send notes over lan to another pc. New one is .NET, uses more resources, less features, most "improvements" that I could see were simply eye candy.

Notezilla, in comparison to 3M Post-it Notes is the superior product with a lot more useful features, less limitations, more flexibility and a much better layout overall.

There are a few things that 3M did better, like the alarm manager, but the benefits of Notezilla outweigh anything I would have got with the best of both versions of 3M's application, combined.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:53:50 AM by IainB » Logged
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:07:48 AM »

Notezilla is a fantastic application, worth every penny. I have never regretted moving from 3M's Post-it Digital notes to Notezilla. I am even running Notezilla under WINE in Ubuntu. It works quite well, as long as you don't have anything else running in WINE that needs you to install IE. (There is a serious lack of decent sticky notes apps for Linux)

conceptworld

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 05:25:10 AM »

Thanks a lot @IainB and @app103.

Notezilla's development has not stopped. It has been little slow due to other products (RecentX & Copywhiz).

The development is going on. We are planning to launch the new version in 4-6 months. However, we will not be in a position to immediately offer the new version at discounted price on BitsDuJour, definitely.

Thanks smiley, for all your support.
urlwolf
Charter Member

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 06:23:04 AM »

I'm liking notezilla. It'd be infinitely better if it adopted the search from cintanotes smiley
urlwolf
Charter Member

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 06:31:14 AM »

The development is going on. We are planning to launch the new version in 4-6 months. However, we will not be in a position to immediately offer the new version at discounted price on BitsDuJour, definitely.

Thanks smiley, for all your support.
So then buying at BDJ gives us only 4-6 month of usage. Then we need to pay another $20... considering that we don't know what new features will be in v. 8... it feels a bit of a bad deal to buy it now. I'd gladly pay twice in 6 months for a product that is worth it, but given the excellent freeware in this niche, v. 8 better be a major release...
wraith808
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 07:15:26 AM »

No, buying at BDJ gives you as much usage as you want.  Of course, if you want the spiffy new features, you pay the upgrade price, but your NoteZilla that you purchase today won't stop working...  huh

rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 03:17:46 PM »

BitsDuJour [...] a definite marketing fail or "own goal"
Another, to my mind, was dropping the weekly e-mails, to stop you knowing in advance what deals were coming up.  They seem to want you hitting their site every day, which doesn't work for me.  I'm not online every day.  Since dropping the BdJ e-mail, my credit card bill has been much more manageable  smiley  However, I just tried resubscribing, as they say they've amended the daily e-mails to give some forward details.  I wanted to see how useful (or dangerous to my wallet) that was, but haven't seen any come through yet.

N.B.: in the BdJ item on Notezilla, conceptworld point out that the deal is applicable to the portable version too.  I realise that then one can run it from multiple PCs, but I think it's pretty expensive.  After all, you aren't going to use it from multiple PCs simultaneously.  Also, and I haven't checked Notezilla's license on this, I don't care for portable licenses that restrict you to a single USB stick.  It's not that I'm likely to actually use more than one at a time, but I like to have a ready-to-go back up.
wraith808
Supporting Member

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 03:40:34 PM »

^ Not sure why you haven't received it yet.  And no, I'm not being a "white hat" for the site, I just appreciate what they do, and want them to keep doing it so try to help people around problems. smiley

Mine from this morning (unformatted text, hiding behind a cut)

HTH

rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 03:10:02 PM »

^ Not sure why you haven't received it yet.
Perhaps because I'd unsubscribed?  But I'd have thought their system should be able to cope with re-subscription.

I'm not being a "white hat" for the site, I just appreciate what they do
I really didn't like them dropping the weekly e-mail, and still can't understand why they insist on daily ones.  When I saw something I wanted, I planned to go online on that day, and clicked through to the deal from their site, as the only way to get the deal anyway.  Can't see their problem.

Mine from this morning (unformatted text, hiding behind a cut)
Thanks!  I see, though, they give very little genuine warning.  Nearly everything is "coming soon."

Still, a few interesting things are "coming soon."  I recently downloaded the latest version of AllMyNotes Organizer (bought my license when a discount was offered here on DC), and it's getting closer to being a competent Web clipper.
wraith808
Supporting Member

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2011, 03:51:23 PM »

I really didn't like them dropping the weekly e-mail, and still can't understand why they insist on daily ones.  When I saw something I wanted, I planned to go online on that day, and clicked through to the deal from their site, as the only way to get the deal anyway.  Can't see their problem.

I think to up their daily visitor count.  While it is an inconvenience, I know from trying to set up discounts and such that the companies want to see a significant daily visitor count.  So if you make it so that people don't have to visit, then you have less leverage to get companies to offer their software at a discount, let alone a significant discount.

If they said this up front and explained it, maybe people would be more understanding.

rjbull
Charter Member

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 03:18:47 PM »

I [...] still can't understand why they insist on daily {e-mails}

I think to up their daily visitor count.  While it is an inconvenience, I know from trying to set up discounts and such that the companies want to see a significant daily visitor count.  So if you make it so that people don't have to visit, then you have less leverage to get companies to offer their software at a discount, let alone a significant discount.
I see, though I don't like what it implies.  Companies would seem to see us as consumerist fashion-victim lemmings.  Given that most of the companies featured in BdJ are shareware rather than big corporations, I think that's sad and bad.

If they said this up front and explained it, maybe people would be more understanding.
I didn't read every post on their forum, but I certainly didn't see that clearly said.  It would have helped a little, though I'm still not going to be online every day.

Actually, if companies really want to get a user base of enthusiastic evangelists, they'd probably do best to offer discounts through established, well-respected software discussion sites - of which DC is the prime example...

Back on topic:

the Notezilla discount is TODAY, 2011-08-17
Ten hours plus remaining at the time of writing.
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 03:31:30 PM »

Actually, if companies really want to get a user base of enthusiastic evangelists, they'd probably do best to offer discounts through established, well-respected software discussion sites - of which DC is the prime example...

There has been a generous 30% off discount on Notezilla available here on DC for a very long time. It's just that this BDJ one is a little better.

But if you miss it, you can still take advantage of the one offered to DC members.

(Thanks conceptworld!)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.052s | Server load: 0.16 ]