ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

HotKeyP updated to 4.6, 2011-07-30: first update since 2008

(1/3) > >>

rjbull:
The hotkey program HotKeyP has been updated to 4.6, first update since 2008:

HotKeyP
-------
4.6 (2011-07-30)
- command "Desktop resolution" has optional parameter monitor number
- command "Control panel" without parameters opens the control panels folder
- command "Macro" can have parameters \media_select, \launch_app1, \launch_app2
- option to use hook only for special system shortcuts (e.g. Win+E, Win+D, Ctrl+Esc, Alt+Tab, ...)

fixed bugs:
- multimedia keys on some keyboards did not work (e.g. Genius USB keyboards)
- shift sometimes remained pressed after the macro
- if launched application required admin. rights, its exe file name was passed as the first parameter
--- End quote ---

Curt:
Interesting.

Do you know if the action "Terminate process" can be used to kill ANY process that is having (stealing) focus at any given time, or if it is for a 'pre-selected' program only?

It would be very handy if it was for any program at any time, instead of this annoying procedure (when a program goes berserk) where the user has to click here and there, at a time when the computer takes ages to respond, if at all.

rjbull:
Do you know if the action "Terminate process" can be used to kill ANY process that is having (stealing) focus at any given time, or if it is for a 'pre-selected' program only?-Curt (August 14, 2011, 05:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
I haven't tried it with HotKeyP.  My regular hotkey program is HoeKey, which works by killing whichever process has focus.  So, by the looks of a quick test, does HotKeyz.

tomos:
I was hoping one of them would support Right-click on window titlebar to close. But doesnt seem to be the case.

HotkeyP insists in going in with startup apps - otherwise it closes (here). Bit of a PIA if just trying.

Hoekey not working properly out of the box here.

Hotkeyz seems to be the most accessible for GUI persons like me :)

Sorry should have added my OS:
Win7 Pro, 64bit SP1

yksyks:
I was hoping one of them would support Right-click on window titlebar to close. But doesnt seem to be the case.-tomos (August 15, 2011, 03:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

For this feature I'm using Pitaschio, however, I redefined the right-click to minimize and middle-click to close to be consistent with other apps (Opera, Taskbar Shuffle).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version