ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Auto-download from DC with WinSCP

(1/2) > >>

kyrathaba:
I wonder if this is permissible and possible: I'd like to automate something that, currently, I'm doing manually.  I backup my Flatpress Blog by downloading it to my MyBook using Filezilla.  I understand that WinSCP can be used in console mode with an associated text file acting as a script.  I'm wondering (1) if this is permissible even if I get it working and (2) if permissible, does anyone have any experience and can provide a sample script. 

All I want is a WinSCP script to automate downloading my /flatpress/ directory to my MyBook.  Then I can use Task Scheduler to automate this.

kyrathaba:
It looks like Command Line FTP would work too.

Ath:
I'd say: Go for it! :up:
The WinSCP script isn't that had to grasp, IMHO, and if you can do it by hand, who (c/w)ould stop you doing it mechanically?

kyrathaba:
I've been experimenting with WinSCP, but so far haven't figured out how to connect to my DC ftp account.  I dunno if I'm entering the connection string wrong, or if WinSCP doesn't support secure FTP.

Ath:
or if WinSCP doesn't support secure FTP
-kyrathaba (August 11, 2011, 02:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's one of the main protocols of WinSCP :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version