ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Stop the Machine! (anyone seen this?)

(1/6) > >>

kyrathaba:
Anyone seen this yet? Thoughts?

http://october2011.org/issues

http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/mike-friends-blog/time-to-stand-up

tomos:
While I could even call myself a michael moore fan, i relate to this comment:
mikeydd
Posted August 10th, 2011 11:44 PM

While I agree with many of the points made on this site, the fact is that the country is split right down the middle. About half of the people favor progressive programs and half want government to get downsized and stay the hell out of their lives. Your hubris at the righteousness of your side vs the other half of the people is amusing. Squawk all you want, but the next election will turn out like the last ones; split right down the middle and decided on statistical error. Someday, real compromise and sanity.....someday. Michael Moore aint it.
--- End quote ---

kyrathaba:
About half of the people favor progressive programs and half want government to get downsized and stay the hell out of their lives. Your hubris at the righteousness of your side vs the other half of the people is amusing. Squawk all you want, but the next election will turn out like the last ones; split right down the middle and decided on statistical error. Someday, real compromise and sanity.....someday. Michael Moore aint it.
--- End quote ---

Agreed.

40hz:
The one thing I find annoying is the constant keening wail about "human needs."

Human needs are boundless. It's a black hole. There will always be human needs.

Perhaps instead of constantly talking about needs it would be much more beneficial to shift the focus of discussion over to an intelligent debate about roles and responsibilities.

Because if people acted more responsibly, there would be significantly less unaddressed human needs -and fewer unrealistic attitudes surrounding the notion of 'entitlement.'

Just a thought. :)

JavaJones:
The problem is that *neither* party's *constituents* seem to really be getting what they want. Liberals want more social programs, or at least to maintain the ones we have. Nope, sorry. Conservatives and Libertarians want less government, but we have the massive deficit we have largely because of increasing government size and involvement in foreign affairs. The recent spending cuts have not significantly changed that in fact. They are minor in relation to the total deficit and spending.

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version