ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Operation Facebook (will you rejoice?)

<< < (8/8)

wraith808:
Sorry, but I'm one of 'those people' who doesn't appreciate people who presume to speak or act on my behalf without my explicit consent. I have enough respect for myself and MY freedom that I don't willingly cede its support and maintenance to anyone - be they a big faceless government, or a group of trashers. Especially when their rhetoric about the "clueless masses" sounds just like the attitude of contempt towards humanity you perceive in the actions of so many of those already in power.

-40hz (August 14, 2011, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agreed.

kyrathaba:
I agree as well.  I suppose what I will find hilarious is Facebook's embarrassment as they're forced to admit that their "security precautions" are lame.  What I don't find amusing is that individual FB users have no choice in this.

J-Mac:
Hey - I didn't opt in by choice! Well, technically I did but in reality I signed up because someone here a DC formed a "Software Users" group - something like that - and asked DC members to join. So I did, and... hardly anyone else did! And NO ONE here has ever gone any further with it. I posted about a couple times, trying to stir up a little interest but there wasn’t any. And that was back a ways before FB was anywhere near as popular as it eventually became. I still belong but I never even bother to log in - except when I have to go and opt-out of all those nice new Auto opt-in lack of privacy "features" Mark Z. keeps tossing at me!

Jim

vlastimil:
Same with me. I joined not because I wanted, but because it was expected of me... Can you run a micro-business without having a facebook profile? How many invitations from your supporters can you ignore?

I was terrified when I visited some unknown web for the first time and there I saw my picture. Clicking on in revealed that they have a "special" relationship with facebook and facebook made the information about me available to them to make their services "better". (This is not the same as the facebook comments you see on many sites.) I opted out of this program, but how many will? How many do care about these things? Now I carefully log out every time I leave facebook and I should probably purge the long-duration cookies as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version